If you are new to creating wire wrapped rings, I would recommend watching the Wire Wrapped Rings Video
Tools and Materials Needed:
- Cut a piece of wire measuring about 36". Center your bead on the wire. Place the bead on the mandrel at a size marker one larger than the desired size of the ring. For example, I wanted my rings to be a size 7, so I started at the 8 marker.
- Wrap each wire around the mandrel 3 times so you have a band that will be 6 wires thick.
- Position your wires so there is one on each side of the flower bead. Squeeze the mandrel between your knees so both hands are free.
- Take your right wire above the bead in a counterclockwise fashion. Take your left wire under the bead in a clockwise motion.
- Repeat step 4 five or six times (you will know you are done when you can't see the button portion of the bead any longer).
- Remove the ring from the mandrel. Wrap the right wire around the band created in step 2. Start wrapping as close to the "bezel" created in the previous step. Wrap tightly around the band 4 to 5 times. Cut excess wire. Use chain nose pliers to tuck the wire.
- Repeat step 6 on the other side.
- Put your ring back on the mandrel to firm it up and straighten it out and be sure it is the desired size.
Hand-Carved Mother Of Pearl 18mm Flower Bead, Turquoise
Artistic Wire, 20 Gauge, Natural, 6 Yards (about 3 feet)
Hand-Carved Mother Of Pearl 18mm Flower Bead, Coral
Artistic Wire, 20 Gauge, Tarnish Resistant Brass, 6 Yards (about 3 feet)
Hand-Carved Mother Of Pearl 18mm Flower Bead, Lime
Artistic Wire, 20 Gauge, Brown, 6 Yards (about 3 feet)
Hand-Carved Mother Of Pearl 18mm Bead, Ivory
Artistic Wire, 20 Gauge, Black, 6 Yards (about 3 feet)
Chain Nose Pliers