0 item(s) / Total: $0
Auntie's Beads Home
Jewelry Design Center
Vintage Lace Necklace Project
Write a Review
Email a friend
Add to Favorites
Vintage Lace Necklace
The Modern Vintage mix is one of my all-time favorites. Here, I combined it with a gunmetal filigree piece and gunmetal chain for a simple dangle necklace.
Shanna Steele, Auntie's Beads Designer
NOTE: This project requires the use of a mix. If you do not want to randomly add beads, select a pattern before you begin.
1. On a headpin, pick up a 6mm round. Make a loop. Attach it to the center loop on the filigree. Wrap the wire and trim the excess.
2. On a headpin, pick up a 4mm bicone. Make a simple loop. (For the next few steps, I will refer to this as a drop.) Attach it to the right of the 6mm round.
3. Make 2 more drops. Attach them to the filigree loop to the right of the center loop.
4. Make 2 more drops. Attach them to the filigree loop at the edge of the right side.
5. Repeat steps 2 through 4 on the left side. (If assigning a pattern to your mix, make sure you attach the beads in the same order as the right side.)
6. Cut your chain so you have a piece containing 6 oval links and 7 round links (each outside edge should contain a round link) and 2 pieces that measure about 4.5 inches each.
7. On an eye pin, pick up a 4mm bicone. Make a simple loop. Attach it to the top of the filigree piece then to the center round link on the shorter piece of chain.
8. On an eye pin, pick up a 4mm bicone. Make a simple loop. Repeat this process until you have a total of 16 drops. If following a color pattern, you will want to use the same color 4 times.
9. On an eye pin, pick up a 6mm round. Make a simple loop. Repeat one more time so you have two 6mm links. (From this point on, I will refer to the 4mm bicones and 6mm rounds on eye pins as links.)
10. Open a link. Attach it to one of the chain added in step 7. Close the link.
11. Add three more 4mm links, attaching each link to the one before. Add your 6mm link. Then attach 4 more 4mm links.
12. Attach a 4.5 inch piece of chain to the last 4mm link. Open a jump ring. Attach it to the end of the 4.5 inch piece of chain. Add half your clasp before closing the jump ring.
13. Repeat steps 10 through 12 on the other side to finish the necklace.
Materials and Tools Needed:
Swarovski Crystal, 4mm Bicone, Bag of 48, Modern Vintage Mix (26 pieces)
Swarovski Crystal, 6mm Round Faceted, Vintage Rose (3 pieces)
Gunmetal Art Nouveau Style Filigree Link, 16 x 33mm (1 piece)
Gunmetal Long and Short Chain By The Foot (about 11 inches)
Gunmetal Plate Head Pins, 2 inch, 21 Gauge, Bag of 10 (11 pieces)
Gunmetal Plate Eye Pins, 2 inch, 21 Gauge, Bag of 10 (18 pieces)
Gunmetal Hook and Eye Clasp, 8 x 17mm
Gunmetal Plate Jump Rings, Open, Bag of 10, 5mm, 20 Gauge (2 pieces)
Round Nose Pliers
Chain Nose Pliers
Very easy to make and I have received tons of compliments on this necklace every time I wear it.
Reviewed by: Julie from Milwaukee, WI.
Materials and Tools Used
Swarovski Crystal 4mm Bicone Mix, Modern Vintage Mix, 50pc
Your Price: $5.99
Swarovski Crystal Round (5000) 6mm, Vintage Rose
Your Price: $0.34
Gunmetal Plate Head Pins, 2 inch, 21 Gauge, 10pc
Your Price: $1.19
Gunmetal Plate Eye Pins, 2 inch, 21 Gauge, 10pc
Your Price: $1.49
Gunmetal Plate Jump Rings, Open, 5mm, 20 Gauge, 10pc
Your Price: $0.79
Classic Nipper Tool
Your Price: $7.69
Beadsmith Ergo Pliers, Chain Nose With Cutter
Your Price: $7.99
Beadsmith La Femme Ergo Pliers, Round Nose
Your Price: $7.89
Recently Viewed Items
Terms and Conditions
Beading Mind Map