These olivine freshwater pearls are beautiful and they look great with antique silver. Paired with this white composite rose and some bali, the result is a piece that appears very antique and special.
Kelly McCoy, Auntie’s Beads Designer
1. On 6 separate eyepins, place the following beads: 2 pearls, a bali spacer, 2 pearls. Above each combination of beads, use your wire looping pliers to make a loop and then trim the excess wire.
2. Use your nipper tool to cut your chain into seven pieces the following sizes: 4 1/4 inches, 1 1/2 inches, 1 1/2 inches, 1 1/2 inches, 1 1/2 inches, 5 1/4 inches and 2 3/4 inches (Note: your 2 3/4 inch piece should be 15 links; it is important that this piece has an odd number of links so that we can find the center link later).
3. On a headpin, place a pearl, a bali spacer and another pearl. Wire wrap the headpin to the end of your 5 1/4 inch piece of chain. (Need help? Watch our Drop Beading Instructional Video
4. Place a large drop of G-S Hypo Cement on the back of your 13mm White Rose Bead. Place it in the center of your filigree finding and set aside to dry.
5. On one end of your 4 1/4 inch piece of chain, use a split ring to attach a lobster clasp. On the other end, use one of the eyepins you made in step 1 to attach it to a 1 1/2 inch piece of chain. Then use another headpin from step 1 to attach that to another piece of 1 1/2 inch piece of chain. Then, use a third beaded eyepin from step 1 to attach the 2 3/4 inch piece of chain.
6. On the center link of your 2 3/4 inch piece of chain, use a jump ring to hang your filigree finding.
7. Repeat the steps above to make the other side of your necklace match, except your last chain piece will be the 5 1/4 inch piece you added a drop to in step 3.
8. Place two pearls, a bali spacer and a final pearl on a headpin and use your wire looping pliers to make a loop. Hang from the center hole of your filigree finding and trim the excess wire. On the right and left side of this dangle, use a headpin to hang one pearl, one bali spacer and one pearl.
Materials and Tools Needed:
Freshwater Pearl Rice Strand, Olivine, 6x8mm (1)
Silver Plate Oval Filigree Link/Connector (1)
Flat Bali Spacers, 4x6mm, Bag of 20 (1)
Composite 13mm Rose Bead, White (1)
Silver Plate Lobster Claw, 12mm (1)
G-S Hypo Cement (or your favorite clear drying adhesive)
Antique Silver Plate Oval Chain By The Foot, 5x8mm (2 Feet)
Sterling Silver Split Rings, 4.5mm, Bag of 10 (1 Bag)
Sterling SIlver Jump Rings, 6mm, Bag of 10 (1 Bag)
Chain Nose Jewelry Pliers