0 item(s) / Total: $0
Jewelry Design Center
Get 0 point(s) per unit purchased!
Tibetan Lake Necklace Project
Write a Review
The beautiful azure blue of the Tibetan Lake Manasarova, the highest freshwater lake in the world, could have been the inspiration for the beautiful color of the Tibetan style beads I used in this sparkling draped necklace. The two different textures of the silver plate chain that drape beneath the drops of Swarovski rounds in Caribbean Blue and the Tibetan style beads in a dark turquoise. The style is simply a taste of the ornate styling of the Tibetan Culture.
Karla Schafer, Auntie’s Beads Designer
Auntie's Beads Designer
Free Project Instructions
1. Cut the chain to the required lengths, using the nipper tool or by prying the connecting links apart with the chain nose pliers. (I like doing the later, so I can use them for connecting the clasp etc).
a. Cut two 9” pieces of the oval and octagon chain starting and ending with an oval link.
b. Cut two more pieces of the oval and octagon chain starting and ending with the octagon one about 7” in length (4 octagons) and one 10 ½” in length (6 octagons).
c. Cut one piece of the oval and circle chain 8” starting and ending with the oval link (6 ovals).
2. Cut a comfortable piece of Artistic wire, about 6”, and start a loop with the round nose pliers.
3. Place one length of the 9” piece of chain you prepared in Step 1 onto the loop and complete the wrap.
4. On the wire place a Swarovski round, Tibetan Style Bead, Swarovski round and start another loop.
5. On this loop place in order the following lengths of chain: 10 ½” of oval octagon; 8” oval and circle chain and the 7” oval and octagon chain, and complete the wrap.
6. Repeat Steps 2-5 with the remaining Artistic wire and beads insuring the chain is in the right order to provide the correct draping effect.
7. To complete the necklace, attach either end of the toggle to the 9” piece of chain using the connectors or jump rings.
Materials and Tools Needed:
11839 Tibetan Style 20mm Focal Bead, Dark Turquoise With Crystals- 2pc
10448 Silver Plated Chain By The Foot, Oval And Ocatgon, 17x25mm Oval- 3ft
10904 Silver Plated Oval And Circle Chain By The Foot,12mm/18mm- 8”
9826 Antique Silver Pewter 18mm Fancy Toggle-1pc
AWS-20S-10-25FT Artistic Silver Plate Wire Spool, 20 gauge, Non-Tarnish Silver- 6"
AWS-18S-10-20FT Artistic Silver Plate Wire Spool, 18 gauge, Non-Tarnish Silver, 20 Ft.- 6”
Round Nose Pliers
Beadsmith Ergo Pliers, Chain Nose With Cutter
Add to Favorites
Questions about this item? Be the first to ask here.
Embellished Leather Necklace
Romantic Notions Chain Necklace
can use design with any cool bead
I looked at this project because the beads drew my eye. I can't find the exact beads, but I have some other focal beads that would work great. I don't have the exact chain either, but that doesn't matter because I can use any chain that I like and just use the instructions to help me along the way.
Did you find this helpful?
from Roswell, NM.
DIY Projects Using Tibetan Lake Necklace Project:
Artistic Wire, 20 Gauge, Non-Tarnish Silver Plate, 25 Feet
Your Price: $7.99
On sale: $4.99
Artistic Wire, 18 Gauge, Non-Tarnish Silver Plate, 20 Feet
Your Price: $9.99
Round Nose Pliers
Your Price: $8.99
Classic Nipper Tool
Your Price: $7.69
BeadSmith Bent Chain Nose Pliers
Your Price: $6.99
Back to Top
Terms and Conditions