If you have never set rivets or eyelets before, you may want to watch the following videos before beginning this project: Hole Punch Tools
and Rivets and Snap Setters
Tools and Materials Needed:
- Using your Little Cut tool, cut 2 pieces of flat leather measuring about 5 inches each.
- Fold about one inch of one end of a piece of leather over the gunmetal hammered round link. Using your hole punch on the smallest setting, make a hole to set your rivet.
- Run your rivet post through the back of the 2 pieces of leather. Set your cap on top of the leather and squeeze the post and cap together. Use your rivet setter and hammer to set the rivet in place.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 with the other piece of leather.
- Take one end of one of your pieces of leather and fold it over the closed portion of the Z hook. Again, you will want to fold about 1 inch of leather. Repeat the process of punching holes and setting rivets.
- Take the other end of the other piece of leather and fold it over. This time, you will want to make your loop a little bigger, so fold it down about 1-and-1/4 to 1-and-1/2 inch (this will make your bracelet slightly asymmetrical, but that's okay; you need the loop to be big enough to go over the open portion of the Z hook as this is your closure). Punch your holes and set your rivet.
- Find the center of the piece of leather that serves as the loop for your clasp (the one that is not attached to the Z hook). On my bracelet, this was exactly one inch between my rivets. Use a Sharpie to mark the spot. Using your hole punch on the largest setting, make a hole. Use your eyelet setter to set a gunmetal eyelet in place.
- On the other side of the bracelet, mark 2 spots for eyelets. Mine were 3/4 of an inch from each rivet (and 3/4 of an inch apart from each other). Use your hole punch and your eyelet setter to set your eyelets.
- Using 2 pair of chain nose pliers, open a silver jump ring. Attach it to the gunmetal heart charm then to the gunmetal hammered link. Close the jump ring.
- Open a gunmetal jump ring. Attach it to the silver key charm then to the gunmetal hammered link. Close the jump ring.
2mm x 10mm Flat Leather, Silver (about 10 inches)
TierraCast Gunmetal Hammered Round Link, Large, 20mm
Gunmetal Pewter Rivet Set, 10pc (4 pieces)
Gunmetal Pewter Z Hook Clasp, 19x28mm
Gunmetal Puffed Heart Charm, 16mm
Shiny Silver Pewter Key Charm, 8x23mm
Silver Filled 6mm Jump Lock Rings, 10pc (1 piece)
Gunmetal Plate Jump Rings, Open, 5mm, 20 Gauge, 10pc (1 piece)
Eyelet Setter Kit (3 gunmetal eyelets and the eyelet setter tool)
Rivet Setter Kit (rivet setter tool)
BeadSmith Little Cut Tool for Licorice Leather
The BeadSmith 1 Pound Brass Head Mallet
Chain Nose Pliers (2 pair)