I love a no needle right angle weave and the colors in this bracelet are just stunning! Using glass pearls in evergreen and red makes this bracelet look like garland circling the wrist!
Shanna Steele, Aunties Beads Designer
If you have never done a right angle weave before, please watch the Right Angle Weave Bracelet Video for a visual demonstration of this technique.
Tools and Materials Needed:
- Cut a piece of beading wire measuring about 36". String a seed bead, red glass pearl, seed bead, green glass pearl, seed bead, red glass pearl, seed bead and green glass pearl. Center the beads on your beading wire. Cross over with your right thread through the last green bead added on the left.
- String a seed bead, red glass pearl, seed bead and green glass pearl on the left. String a seed bead, red glass pearl and seed bead on the right. Cross over with your right thread through the last green bead added on the left.
- Repeat step 2 until you have 16 green glass pearls running up the center of your bracelet.
- String a seed bead, red glass pearl, seed bead and crimp bead on the left. Run your wire through a loop on the clasp then back down through the beads just strung. Crimp. Apply a crimp cover. Cut excess wire.
- Repeat step 4 on the right.
- Take a piece of excess beading wire (about 5-6") and run it through the green glass pearl at the opposite end of the piece. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to complete the bracelet.
8mm Glass Pearl Bead Strand, Evergreen (16 pieces)
6mm Glass Pearl Round Bead Strand, Red (34 pieces)
8/0 Topaz Gold Luster
Gold Plated Recycled Copper Crimp Beads, Bag of 100 (4 pieces)
Antique Brass Crimp Bead Cover, 3mm, Bag of 20 - Optional (4 pieces)
Antique Brass 2-Strand Slide Lock Clasp
Beadalon 19-strand Wire, 30 ft., .015, Metallic Satin Gold (about 36 inches)
Designer Crimper Tool
Chain Nose Pliers