- View the 2-Drop Peyote Stitch Instructional Video for a how to on 2-drop peyote stitch.
- Cut a 1yd piece of Fireline or longer, what ever you are comfortable working with, you will need to tie in a couple of times.
- String on a stop bead. To string a stop bead, pick up a bead and pass needle and thread through the bead in the same direction so that the thread wraps around the bead.
- Pick up 20 seed beads and let them slide down the thread to the stop bead.
- Pick up two seed beads; skip the last two beads strung and pass through the next two beads, going back towards the stop bead.
- Continue to pick up two beads, skip two beads, and pass through the next two beads until you reach the end of the row.
- Continue to pick up beads and pass through the beads that are jutting out from the previous row. You will be filling in the gaps with beads as you stitch.
- To turn at the end of each row, simply pick up two beads and pass through the beads you just stitched into place. You may have to hold on to your working thread to keep your tension so as not to allow the work to loosen up.
- I used the Surf and Sand Mix, so pick up your colors at random.
- As mentioned you will need to add thread a couple of times, so be sure to secure your working thread by working it back through the stitches, half hitch knotting a couple of times. Add the thread in the same manner careful to end up where you stopped.
- It takes about 117 rows to make 6 1/2" and then the clasp to complete the length at 7 1/2".
- To add the clasp, re-enforce the last two rows by tracing the thread back through the previous stitches out the second "UP" bead, string on 7 to 8 seed beads run the thread through the loop end of the toggle, add 3 more seed beads, run the thread back throuh the 4 seed bead, so both threads are through it and add 3 more seed beads, secureing by running the thread back through the top two rows and the string of beads of the toggle loop and half hitch knot a couple of times with in the work.
- For the bar part of the toggle repeat above step!
Tools and Materials Needed:
11/0 Mix - Surf and Sand- 2tubes
Antique Silver Seahorse Toggle, 16mm
Fireline Fine Crystal, 6 lb. Thread, 50 Yards, .008
English Beading Needles, Size 12, 4-Pack