On a recent weekend to West Texas I was reminded of the beauty the earth has to offer as we hiked around the property I was struck by the layers, striations of the soil. So this design is a play off of the stratum of the earth. Any color combination can be used to accent the focal, the silver curved tube!
Karla Schafer, Aunties Beads Designer
If you have never worked with wire guardians before, please see the Wire Guardians Video.
- There is a bit of math involved here...For a 7 1/2" bracelet I subtracted the length of the curved tube and the length of the clasp/jump ring combination to determine how long my beaded sections would need to be, about 2 1/2" of seed beads on either side.
- Cut a piece of beading wire about 10" in length string on a crimp bead and run the wire through the Wire Guardian.
- Slip the trigger clasp on to Wire Guardian and run the wire back through the crimp bead and crimp using the Magical Crimp Forming Tool.
- String the 2 1/2" or (32) 8/0 seed beads onto the wire, the curved noodle and another 2 1/2" of seed beads.
- Slip on a crimp bead, run the wire through the Wire Guardian as above.
- Ensuring the jump ring is closed, add it to the wire guardian and run the wire back through the crimp bead and adjust the tension, crimping with the Magical Crimp Forming Tool.
- Repeat the above steps for the remaining four bracelets and wear your stratum!
Tools and Materials Needed:
Silver Plated Curved Tube, Bag Of 5, 2.5x40mm- 5pc
8/0 Opaque Turquoise Green Miyuki Seed Beads
8/0 Matte Tr Teal Miyuki Seed Beads
8/0 Tr Topaz Miyuki Seed Beads
8/0 Met Brown Iris Miyuki Seed Beads
8/0 Met Dk Plum Iris Miyuki Seed Beads
Silver Filled Trigger Clasp, 11mm- 5pc
Silver Filled Wire Guardians, Bag of 10- 10pc
Silver Filled 8mm Jump Locks, 16 Gauge, Bag Of 10- 5pc
Silver Filled Crimp Beads, Bag of 50, 2 x 2mm- 10pc
Magical Crimp Forming Tool, .014-.015
Chain Nose Pliers- 2prs