- Using the chain nose pliers, open the earwire slip on the filigree finding at its narrowest point, as in the photo, and close.
- Cut 2 ¼” chain (8 oval links) in length.
- Using the chain nose pliers and round nose pliers, open a jump ring, slipping one end of the chain onto it and through the loop of the filigree, just above the widest part, refer to photo for proper placement, and close.
- Repeat Step 3 for the other end of the chain.
- Prepare the crystals by slipping one onto a head pin, trimming the wire with the nipper tool, to just over 3/8” from the top of the bead and make a rosary loop with the Wire Looping Tool or Round Nose Pliers as demonstrated in the Earrings with Chain Video.
- Prepare all crystals as in Step 5 for (4) 4mm bicones, (3) 6mm bicones and (1) 8mm bicone.
- Attach each crystal opening the rosary loops with the chain nose pliers, in order from the first link (attaching into the tiny chain links skipping the ovals) 4mm; 6mm; 4mm; 6mm (middle); 4mm; 6mm; 4mm.
- Attach the 8mm bicone to the middle loop of the filigree finding.
- To ensure the right drape effect, make sure the jump rings fall to the back of the filigree, which they will naturally tend to do.
- Repeat the above steps to complete the pair.
Materials and Tools Needed:
Copper Plated Filigree Lantern Link, 13 x 18mm- 2pc
Antique Copper Plated Long and Short Chain By The Foot- 5”
Swarovski Crystal, 4mm Xilion Bicone, Crystal Bronze Shade- 8pc
Swarovski Crystal 6mm Bicone Bead, Crystal Bronze Shade- 6pc
Swarovski Crystal, 8mm Xilion Bicone, Crystal Bronze Shade- 2pc
Antique Copper Plated Head Pins, 2 Inch, 21 Gauge, Bag of 10- 16pc
Copper jump rings, open, bag of 10, 5mm, 20 gauge- 4pc
Copper French wires, bag of 10- 1pr
Antique Copper Earwire with 2mm Bead, Pair- 1pr
Chain Nose Pliers
Round Nose Pliers
Wire Looping Pliers