"May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day. May songbirds serenade you every step along the way." Irish Blessing
I think of my sister when I find a neat bird item and this pendant just struck me as something she would like. The new Swarovski Crystal in Luminous Green, lends itself to the theme and the antique brass chain and pendant. This design is dainty and beautiful perfect for Spring!
Karla Schafer, Aunties Beads Designer
Beading Level: 3 Intermediate
I will be using Rosary Loops in this construction, so please watch the Rosary Loops Video for a "how to".
- Before cutting the chain to the desired length, measure it and make sure you have a center link. I cut my chain 16 1/2".
- Open a jump ring with the two pairs of pliers, adding the pendant to the center link and close.
- Add a jump ring to each end of the chain including the lobster clasp and set aside.
- Prepare all the crystal drops (19) total, by dropping a 4mm bicone on a head pin, bending a right angle above the bead with flat nose pliers and creating a rosary loop.
- After all of the drops have been made, add 1 drop to the center loop of the pendant so that it dangles into the center of the pendant.
- Add 3 drops to each link on either side of the pendant; skip a link add 3 drops; skip a link add 3 drops; skip a link add 3 drops.
- You should have 9 drops on both sides of the pendant.
15495 Swarovski Crystal 4mm Bicone Beads, Luminous Green, Bag Of 10- 19pc
15196 Antique Brass Pewter Oval Necklace Finding,25x40mm- 1pc
15548 Antique Brass Textured Oval Chain By The Foot, 5x7mm- 16 1/2"
15439 Antique Brass 14mm Lobster Clasp- 1pc
15413 Antique Brass 1 and 1/2" Head Pin With 2mm Bead, Bag Of 10- 19pc
JR/032X5AB Antique Brass Jump Rings, Open, 1.6 Gram Bag, 5mm, 20 Gauge- 3pc
tool-er706 Beadsmith La Femme Ergo Pliers, Flat Nose
Round Nose Pliers