Silver Bells Earrings
I wanted to create a pair of earrings that looked like silver bells or ornaments cascading from the ear. These earrings are festive enough for the holiday season, but versatile enough to wear all year round!
Shanna Steele, Auntie’s Beads Designer
1. Cut your chain into the following segments: 6 pieces with 2 links each and 1 piece with 3 links.
2. On a headpin, pick up a 4mm silver round. Make a loop. Attach it to a 2 link piece of chain. Wrap the wire and trim the excess.
3. Repeat step 2 five more times.
4. On a headpin, pick up a 4mm silver round. Make a loop. Attach it to the 3 link piece of chain. Wrap the wire and trim the excess.
5. Open the loop on an eye pin. Attach the 3 link piece of chain to the loop. Close the loop. Add a 4mm round and an 8mm round to the eye pin. Run the eye pin through the bead cap. Add a 4mm round. Make a loop. Wrap the wire and trim the excess.
6. Open a jump ring. Attach it to a 2 link piece of chain. Then attach the jump ring to a loop on the bead cap. Close the jump ring.
7. Repeat step 6 five more times until all 6 loops of your bead cap have dangles.
8. Open a loop on an ear wire. Attach it to the loop you made at the top of the bead cap. Close the loop.
9. Repeat steps 1 through 8 to complete the other earring.
Materials and Tools Needed:
Bali Looped Bead Cap, 10 mm (2 pieces)
Sterling Silver Seamless Beads, 4mm, Bag of 25 (18 pieces)
Sterling Silver Seamless Beads, 8mm, Bag of 10 (2 pieces)
Small Sterling Oval Chain By The Foot (about 1 foot)
1 1/2 Inch Silver Head Pins, 22 Gauge, Bag of 25 (14 pieces)
2 Inch Silver Eye Pins, 21 Gauge, Bag of 10 (2 pieces)
Sterling Silver Jump Rings, Open, Bag of 10, 4mm, 20 Gauge (12 pieces)
Sterling Silver French Wires, Bag of 10 (1 pair)
Beadsmith "La Femme" Ergo Pliers, Round Nose
Beadsmith Ergo Pliers, Chain Nose With Cutter