1. Cut a piece of Fireline measuring about 18 inches. Thread your needle. String 6 seed beads on your thread, leaving yourself about a 5-6 inch tail.
2. Run your needle through the center of an 8mm round crystal, then back through the 6 seed beads just strung. Run your needle and thread back through the 8mm bead one more time. Your working thread (the one with the needle) should now be meeting up with the tail. Tie a square knot.
3. Run your thread back through the 8mm bead. Pick up 6 more seed beads. Run the needle and thread back through the 8mm bead.
4. Run your needle and thread through the 6 seed beads just added, then up through the 8mm bead.
5. Begin tying half hitch knots around the left side of the bead. Tie one between the hole of the bead and the place where the 6 seed beads are. Then tie a couple more between the 6 seed beads.
6. Take your needle and thread through the 8mm bead and then begin tying half hitch knots around the right side of your work.
7. Run your needle and thread through the 8mm bead one more time. Cut your tail and your working thread. If you would like, you can apply a small amount of glue to secure your work.
8. Repeat steps 1 through 7 using 5 seed beads and your 8mm crystal bicone.
9. On a headpin, pick up the following: a seed bead, your bordered 8mm round, a seed bead, a 4mm bicone, a seed bead, your bordered 8mm bicone, and a seed bead. Make a loop. Wrap the wire and trim the excess.
10. Use your pliers to open the loop on the ear wire. Attach it to the loop made in step 9. Close the loop.
Materials and Tools Needed:
Swarovski Crystal, 8mm Bicone, Light Siam (2 pieces) Swarovski Crystal, 8mm Round, Faceted, Light Siam (2 pieces) Swarovski Crystal, 4mm Bicone, Bag of 10, Light Siam (2 pieces) Miyuki 8-311, Topaz Gold Luster (about 50 pieces) 2 Inch Gold Filled Head Pins, Bag of 10 (2 pieces) Gold Filled Earwire With Coil, Pair Fireline Fine Crystal, 6 lb. Thread, 50 Yards, .008 (about 70 inches) English Beading Needles, Size 10, 4-Pack Nipper Tool Beadsmith "La Femme" Ergo Pliers, Round Nose Beadsmith Ergo Pliers, Chain Nose With Cutter