Reactive Metal RAW Bead Necklace
Right Angle Weave Beads are one of my favorite discoveries since beading! I have used them in a variety of ways and came up with this design when I was teaching the RAW Earring class. As I watched Annette stitch up her cube, it came to me that I could slip some chain through it before I completed it!
Karla Schafer, Auntie’s Beads Designer
(CO-cross over- means to run the thread through the bead going in the opposite direction)
1. Cut a 16 ½” length of chain and set aside.
2. Cut 2ft of supple max and string 3 bicones and let them fall to the center.
3. Count out 9 bicones.
4. String one bicone on your left thread and CO with the right thread.
5. Drop a bicone on each thread, then one on the left and CO.
6. Continue until you have threaded 9 bicones.
7. String a bicone on each thread and place the center of the chain in the middle of the bead strip.
8. CO into the middle bead at the bottom, thus forming the beaded bead and enveloping the chain.
9. Run your threads through the sides of the work to reinforce the bead and back to where the threads can be knotted together.
10. Run the threads back through the work before trimming with the nipper tool.
11. Drop some GS Hypo Cement on the knot.
12. Add a jump ring to one end of the chain and the trigger clasp to the other to complete the necklace.
Materials and Tools Needed:
Your favorite color 6mm bicone bead, Swarovski Crystal, Chinese Crystal, etc. (12 pc)
Silver Plate Long and Short Chain by the Foot- 16 ½”
Sterling Silver Jump Rings, Open, Bag of 10, 5mm, 20 Gauge- 2pc
Supplemax, 012", 50M WHITE
G-S Hypo Cement
Chain Nose Pliers- 2prs