Tools and Materials Needed:
- Cut your chain so you have the following segments: two 8 link pieces, one 15 link piece and ten pieces with 7 links. Cut 6 pieces of beading wire measuring about 4 inches each. Cut 2 pieces measuring about 6 inches each.
- Decide which side of the pendant you want to be the front. Run your beading wire through the hole in the pendant. String six 3mm antique brass rounds in front of the pendant. String a 3mm round and a crimp bead in back of the pendant. Run the beading wire from the front through the crimp bead and the 3mm round in back of the pendant then through the pendant itself. Run the beading wire from the back through the beads in front of the pendant then through the pendant itself. Make sure you pull firmly on both wires. Crimp the crimp bead. Cut excess wire.
- On your other 6 inch piece of beading wire, string a crimp bead toward one end. Run through wire through the end link on a 7 link piece of chain then back down through the crimp bead. Crimp. String your beads in the following pattern: 6mm turquoise, 4x6mm rondelle, bead cap, 8mm turquoise, bead cap, 4x6mm rondelle, 6mm turquoise.
- String your pendant then mirror the work done in step 3, attaching the beading wire to a 7 link piece of chain.
- On a 4 inch piece of beading wire, string a crimp bead toward one end. Run the wire through one of the 7 link pieces of chain just added. Then run the beading wire back through the crimp bead. Crimp.
- String your beads in the pattern from step 3. Attach your beading wire to another 7 link piece of chain.
- Repeat step 6 one more time.
- Repeat step 6, this time attaching your beading wire to the loop on one half of the toggle.
- Repeat steps 5 through 8 on the other side.
- On an eye pin, pick up a 6mm brass round bead. Make a simple loop. Cut excess wire. Repeat this until you have 12 brass links.
- On an eye pin, pick up an 8mm turquoise bead. Make a simple loop. Cut excess wire. Repeat this until you have 6 turquoise links.
- Connect the links made in steps 10 and 11 so you have 6 links in the following pattern: antique brass round, turquoise round, antique brass round.
- Open a jump ring. Attach it to the loop on one half of the toggle. Add an 8 link piece of chain. Close the jump ring.
- Open a loop at one end of the brass-turquoise-brass drops from step 12. Attach it to the chain added in step 13. Close the loop. Open the loop at the other end of the drop and attach it to the end link on a 7 link piece of chain. Close the loop.
- Repeat step 14, attaching the loop at one end of a drop to the piece of chain just added then attaching the loop at the other end of the drop to another 7 link piece of chain.
- Repeat step 14 again, this time attaching one end of the drop to the piece of chain just added then attaching the other end to the 15 link piece of chain. This piece of chain will be the center of this strand.
- Mirror the work done on the other side to complete this strand of the necklace.
Blue Turquoise With Pyrite Trapezoid Pendant, 30x40
Blue Turquoise With Pyrite 6mm Round Gemstone Bead Strand (16 pieces)
Blue Turquoise With Pyrite 8mm Gemstone Bead Strand (14 pieces)
Chinese Crystal Rondelle Bead Strand, Lt. Colorado Topaz, 4x6 (16 pieces)
Antique Brass 3mm Round Beads, Bag Of 25 (7 pieces)
Antique Brass 6mm Round Beads, Bag Of 10 (12 pieces)
Antique Brass 8mm Scalloped Bead Caps, Bag Of 10 (16 pieces)
Antique Brass Flat Oval Chain By The Foot, 3x5mm (about 16 inches)
Antique Brass 15mm Toggle With Lines, Recycled Copper
Antique Brass Plated 2 Inch Eye Pins, 21 Gauge, Bag of 10 (18 pieces)
Antique Brass Jump Rings, Open, Bag of 10, 5mm, 20 Gauge (2 pieces)
Antique Brass Plated Recycled Copper Crimp Beads, Bag of 100 (15 pieces)
Beadalon 19-strand Wire, 30 ft., .015, Metallic Satin Gold (about 36 inches)
Designer Crimper Tool
Chain Nose Pliers (2 pair)