Precious Pearl Bracelet
When making this bracelet, I wanted to do something I have never done before: combine my favorite stitch with some of my favorite beads—pearls. This bracelet is so versatile because, using the same size pearls and seed beads, you can use any color combination and get the same result. I love that!
Shanna Steele, Auntie’s Beads Designer
This bracelet uses a Right Angle Weave technique. For more instruction and information, please watch the Right Angle Weave Video.
1. Cut a piece of beading wire measuring about 36 inches. String the following beads: a seed bead, a 6mm pearl, a seed bead, an 8mm pearl, a seed bead, a 6mm pearl, a seed bead, and another 8mm pearl. Make sure your 8mm pearl is the last bead on the left side. Cross over with the right wire through the last 8mm pearl on the left. Your threads should be running out of the same bead but in opposite directions.
2. On your left wire, pick up a seed bead, a 6mm pearl, a seed bead, and an 8mm pearl. On your right wire, pick up a seed bead, a 6mm pearl, and a seed bead. Cross over with your right wire through the 8mm pearl on the left. Again, your threads should be coming out of the same bead but in different directions.
3. Repeat step 2 until you have used all 16 of your 8mm pearls. You should have about 6 inches worth of beading at this point.
4. On your left thread, pick up a seed bead, a 6mm pearl, a seed bead, and a crimp bead. Run your wire through one of the loops on the ring part of the toggle. (NOTE: It is important that you connect to the ring part now. The instructions for connecting to the bar part are different.) Run your wire back down through the crimp bead, seed bead and 6mm pearl. Use your chain nose pliers to flat crimp the crimp bead. Use your Nipper tool to trim excess wire.
5. Repeat step 4 on the right.
6. Take a piece of your left over beading wire and run it through the pearl on the end of the bracelet. Add a seed bead, a crimp bead, and 2 more seed beads on the left side. Run your wire through one of the loops on the bar part of the toggle then back down through the beads just added. (Adding these extra seed beads will enable you to have more ease when fastening.) Use your pliers to flat crimp the crimp bead. Trim excess wire.
7. Repeat step 6 on the other side to complete the bracelet.
Materials and Tools Needed:
Glass Pearl Strand, Chocolate, 8mm (1 Strand, 16 pieces)
Glass Pearl Strand, 6mm, Cream (1 Strand, 34 pieces)
Miyuki Seed Beads, Transparent Root Beer, 11/0
Beadalon 19-strand Wire, 30ft., .012, Satin Copper (about 36 inches)
Antique Copper Plate Toggle, Heirloom 2 Loop
Antique Copper Plate Crimp Bead, 2 x 2 mm, Bag of 50 (4 pieces)
Beadsmith Ergo Pliers, Chain Nose With Cutter