Plumtastic Necklace Project
A profusion of plum perfect color. Deep and light plum shades with chocolate, peridot and crystal make a beautiful tapestry rich in color and texture. This unique way to hang a pendant will open many design ideas for other pieces.
Karla Schafer, Aunties Beads Designer
Tools and Materials Needed:
- Cut 25" of beading wire and center the following on it: a berry bead, olivine rondelle, berry bead, crystal ab round rondelle, berry bead, olivine rondelle, berry bead.
- Slip the Chinese Crystal Rectangle pendant over both wires and snug the beads previously strung to the bottom.
- Splitting the wires at the top of the pendant, string beads on each wire in the following pattern: *berry bead, olivine, berry bead, round rondelle crystal ab, rondelle purple swirl, round rondelle crystal ab, 4mm coffee Czech, 4mm chocolate pearl, 4mm coffee Czech, 8mm plum Czech**
- Repeat (*to**) 4 more times.
- String a berry bead, olivine rondelle, berry bead, round rondelle crystal ab, 4mm coffee Czech, 4mm chocolate pearl, 4mm coffee Czech, 8mm plum Czech, berry bead, olivine rondelle, berry bead.
- Crimp this end of the wire into half of the swirly clasp using the Magical Crimp Forming Tool.
- String the other side of the necklace as above crimping into the other half of the clasp to complete the piece.
Chinese Crystal Rectangle Pendant, 24 x33mm, Crystal AB- 1pc
Designer Czech Glass 8mm Fire Polish Strand, Plum Awesome- 12pc
Designer Czech Glass 9mm Rondelle Bead Strand, Purple Swirl- 10pc
Miyuki Berry Bead, Spkl Purple Lined Crystal- 32pc
Chinese Crystal Rondelle Bead Strand, Crystal AB, 4x6mm- 23pc
Designer Czech Glass Rondelle Bead Strand, Olivine, 3x5mm- 16pc
4mm Glass Pearl Bead Strand, Chocolate- 12pc
Designer Czech Glass 4mm Fire Polish Bead Strand, Coffee- 24pc
Antique Copper Pewter 19mm Toggle With Swirly Bar
Beadalon 49-strand Wire, 30 ft., .018
Crimp Beads, Bag of 50, 2 x 2mm- 2pc
Magical Crimp Forming Tool