If you have never made peyote tubes before, please watch the Even Count Peyote Stitch Tube Bead
Video for a visual demonstration of this technique.
Tools and Materials Needed:
- Cut a piece of Fireline measuring about 24". String a stop bead. Pick up the following: 1 red, 2 white, 2 red, 2 white, 1 red.
- The beads strung are your first row. Start your second by adding a white bead and then going up through the second to last white bead strung in the first row. String a red bead and then go up through the red bead in the first row. Then string a white bead and go up through the next white bead in the first row.
- Continue to add beads in the even count peyote fashion. To do this pattern, all you have to remember is this: when you are adding a new bead, it should not be the same color as the bead next to it. That is what will give your tube the swirl effect.
- Continuing adding beads until your stitched piece is 8 beads long by 8 beads wide. "Zip up" your bead. Tie the knot to secure your piece and several half hitch knots to reinforce your work. Cut excess wire.
- Repeat steps 1 through 4 four more times so that you have a total of 5 peyote tube beads.
- Open a 4mm jump ring. Add a red seed bead. Close the jump ring.
- Open a 4mm jump ring. Add a white seed bead. Close the jump ring.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until you have a total of 3 red beaded jump rings and 3 white beaded jump rings.
- Cut a piece of beading wire measuring about 10". String a crimp bead toward one end. Run the wire through half of the toggle then back down through the crimp bead. Crimp. Apply crimp cover.
- String a bicone, a jump ring with a red seed bead, an 8mm round and a peyote tube bead.
- String an 8mm round, a jump ring with a white seed bead, an 8mm round and a tube bead.
- Repeat step 11 three more times, making sure you alternate your beaded jump rings (red-white-red-white).
- String an 8mm round, a jump ring with a white seed bead, an 8mm bicone, and a crimp bead.
- Run your wire through the other half of the toggle then back down through the crimp bead, bicone and 8mm round. Crimp. Apply crimp cover. Cut excess wire.
8/0 Op Vermilion Red Miyuki Seed Bead
8/0 White Miyuki Seed Beads
Swarovski Crystal Round (5000) 8mm, Crystal (10 pieces)
Swarovski Crystal Xilion Bicone (5328) 8mm, Crystal (2 pieces)
Pewter Tapered Toggle, Silver, 17mm
Pewter Toggle, Deco Diamond, Silver
Pewter Toggle, Deco Square, Silver
Silver Plated 4mm Open Jump Rings, Bag of 50 (6 pieces)
Silver Filled Crimp Beads, Bag of 50, 2 x 2mm (2 pieces)
Silver Filled 3mm Crimp Bead Covers, Bag Of 10 (2 pieces)
Fireline Fine Crystal, 6 lb. Thread, 50 Yards, .008
Beadalon 49-strand Wire, 30 ft., .018 (about 10 inches)
Designer Crimper Tool
Chain Nose Pliers