Pearly Swag Necklace Project
So I must confess, this piece was inspired by something I saw on a TV show! I think it is the perfect "swag" for that up and coming event that all the young ladies will soon be attending with school socials just around the corner. Oversized chain and pearls are a great combination and should be perfect for any dress!
Karla Schafer, Aunties Beads Designer
Tools and Materials Needed:
- Cut the smaller chain about 7", we will be using 12" of the larger chain.
- Cut a piece of 18ga wire, about 6" in length. Start a large loop, slipping the end of the large chain onto the loop, wire wrapping it closed.
- Drop a pearl on the wire and wrap a second large loop trimming the excess wire.
- Cut another piece of 18ga wire, about 6" in length. Start a large loop, slipping the other end of the large chain onto the loop, wire wrapping it closed.
- Drop a pearl on the wire and start a smaller loop, adding the end of the smaller chain, closing the wrap.
- Connect the other end of the small chain to the loop of the trigger clasp with a jump ring.
- Cut a 15" piece of stringing wire and crimp into one of the wire wrapped pearls on the outside of the chain, using the Magical Crimp Forming Tool.
- String the 10mm pearls straight from the strand or in your desired color pattern, until you have about 13" or 36 pearls and crimp into the other wire wrapped pearl on the outside of the chain to complete the necklace.
Silver Plate Large Textured Curb Chain By The Foot, 18x22mm- 12"
Silver Plated Fancy Cable Chain, Textured Link, 3x4mm- 7"
10mm Glass Pearl Bead Strand, Rose/Green/Lemon- 36pc
Silver Plated Pewter Flower Trigger Clasp, 12x25mm- 1pc
Sterling Silver Jump Rings, Open, Bag of 10, 4.5mm, 18 Gauge- 1pc
Artistic Wire, 18 Gauge, Non-Tarnish Silver Plate, 20 Feet- 12"
Beadalon 49-strand Wire, 30 ft, .015- 15"
Silver Filled Crimp Beads, Bag of 50, 2 x 2mm- 2pc
BeadSmith Magical Crimp Forming Tool For .014"-.015" Wire
Round Nose Pliers