- I used the full length of each of the strands, you may delete beads if you want shorter stands or make the chain shorter, my necklace is about 22" in length with toggle clasp.
- Cut 18" of beading wire and crimp one end into the lower half of the butterfly wing, at outside corner.
- String the freshwater pearl stand onto the wire and use a bead stop or tape on the end.
- Cut 18" of beading wire and crimp one end into the lower half of the butterfly wing next to the first strand.
- String the mother of pearl stand onto the wire; reserving two beads to be used on the other half of the necklace; use a bead stop or tape on the end.
- Cut 18" of beading wire and crimp one end into the next lower half of the butterfly wing next to the second strand.
- String the jade strand onto the wire and use a bead stop or tape on the end.
- One at a time, remove the bead stop or tape and crimp the ends into the round part of the toggle clasp.
- Open an eye pin and add it to the antennae of the butterfly pendant and close.
- Drop a mother of pearl bead on the eye pin and make a rosary loop using chain nose pliers and the wire looping tool.
- Add a 6" length of chain to the rosary loop just made and add another beaded eye pin to the other end to connect to the bar of the toggle to complete the necklace.
Tools and Materials Needed:
Antique Brass Pewter Filigree Butterfly Pendant, 40mm- 1pc
Freshwater Cream Pearl Strand, About 8mm
Mother Of Pearl Shell 6mm Round Bead Strand, Cream
Jade 4mm Faceted Gemstone Bead Strand, Lime
Antique Brass Fancy Cable Chain By The Foot, 3x4mm- 6"
Antique Brass Plated 2 Inch Eye Pins, 21 Gauge, Bag of 10- 2pc
Antique Brass Pewter 13mm Roped Toggle
Beadalon 19-strand Wire, 30 ft., .015, Metallic Satin Gold
Antique Brass Plated Recycled Copper Crimp Beads, Bag of 100- 6pc
Crimp Beads, Gold Filled, Bag of 50, 2 x 2 mm- 6pc
Wire Looping Pliers
Chain Nose Pliers