Tools and Materials Needed:
- Cut your 3 pieces of leather so they are about 2 inches longer than your desired necklace. For example, if you want your finished piece to be about 18", cut 20" pieces of leather.
- Put all 3 pieces of leather inside a ribbon clamp. Make sure they are centered and fully inside the clamp. Use your chain nose pliers to close the clamp.
- Tape the clamp to your work space. Begin braiding the leather. You may have to also apply a piece of tape to the strands of leather to keep it in place.
- Braid your leather in an even fashion, keeping your tension the same throughout so the braids will be even.
- When you have reached the end of the braid, trim your leather so it is all an even length. You may want to tape the ends.
- Slide your bail onto the braided strands. Open a jump ring. Attach it to the loop on the bail and then to the loop on the tree charm. Close the jump ring. Add another jump ring for extra security.
- If you applied tape, remove it. Place the ends of the leather in a clamp. Apply the clamp as you did in step 2.
- Open a jump ring. Attach it a loop on the clamp. Add your clasp. Close the jump ring.
- Cut a 3" piece of chain. Open a jump ring. Attach it to the loop on the clamp at the other end of the necklace then to the chain. Close the jump ring.
Silver Pewter Christmas Tree Charm/Pendant, 18x30mm
Antique Silver Pewter Fancy Bail, 7x18mm
Leather Cord, 2mm, Moroccan Red, 2 Yard Coil (about 20 inches)
Natural Leather Cord, Antique Green, 2mm, 2 Yd. Coil (about 20 inches)
Leather Cording, 2 Yard Coil, Metallic Pearl, 2mm (about 20 inches)
Terminator-Ribbon Clamp End, Extra Wide, Silver Plate, 17x10mm (2 pieces)
Silver Plated 12mm Lobster Clasp
Silver Plated 1.71 MM Cable Chain By The Foot (about 3 inches)
Silver Plated 6mm Open Jump Rings, Bag of 50 (4 pieces)
Silver Plated 6mm Jump Lock Rings, Bag of 10 (2 pieces)