Mixed Metals Earrings
Mixing the pewter Kenya beads with a textured copper coin bead dangling from silver plated chain makes a great pair of earrings for little cost!
Karla Schafer, Auntie’s Beads Designer
Basic Earring Construction Video
1. Cut the chain using the nipper tool, to a length of three oval links.
2. On a head pin drop a 3mm ss, Kenya bead, copper coin, Kenya bead and a 3mm ss.
3. Start a loop and slip it into the end of the cut chain.
4. Attach the other end of the chain to the earring finding.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 to complete the pair.
Materials and Tools Needed:
Copper Puffed Coin Bead with Pattern, 12mm- 2pc
Pewter Kenyan Bead, Silver, 5mm- 4pc
Sterling Silver Seamless Beads, 3mm, Bag of 25- 4pc
Silver Plate Long and Short Chain by the Foot- 2”
Copper Head Pins, 2", 21 Gauge, Bag of 25- 2pc
Copper French Wires, Bag of 10- 1pc