Metallic Elements Bracelet
I started this project about a year ago, but I was making it way too complicated so I put it aside and came back to it. All I wanted to do was find a way to use a peyote stitch to connect my favorite links. I decided to simplify the design and I finally finished the bracelet! I loved it so much I just had to create it in copper and silver!Shanna Steele, Auntie’s Beads Designer
This project requires knowledge of Even Count Peyote as well as “zipping up” Peyote stitched strips. For more information about these techniques, please view the Even Count Peyote Tube Video
1. Cut a piece of Fireline measuring about 20 inches. Thread your needle. Leaving a comfortable amount of thread for a tail (4-6 inches should be plenty), add a stop bead.
2. You will want to start with 4 Delicas on your first row. Continue to build on this until you have 16 complete rows. NOTE:
To count the rows, you will turn the piece so you are staring down at the seed bead holes. Counting along the top, you will have 16 rows. Flip the piece over and count along the bottom; you should have 16 rows here as well. If you want to double check your work, fold your peyote strip over so the ends meet. The ends will looks like pieces of a puzzle that fit together. When it is finished, your strip will measure a little over an inch. (This is also a good way to measure each subsequent strip as you weave so you can see how close you are to the necessary 16 rows.)
3. Lay your smallest round link and an oval link inside the peyote strip. Zip the strip together.
4. Repeat steps 1 through 3. Your links should go in the following order: smallest round, oval, medium round, oval, large round, oval, medium round, oval, smallest round.
5. Attach a jump ring to a small link at the end of the piece. Attach half of your toggle to the jump ring.
6. Repeat step 5 on the other side. Materials and Tools Needed:
Antique Copper Hammered Round Link, Large, 20mm (1 piece)
Antique Copper Hammered Oval Link, 13 x 18mm (4 pieces)
Antique Copper Hammered Round Link, Medium, 13mm (2 pieces)
Antique Copper Hammered Round Link, Small, 10mm (2 pieces)
Antique Copper Plate Hammered Toggle
Copper Medium Oval Jump Rings, Open, Bag of 10, 6 mm, 16 gauge (2 pieces)
Miyuki Seed Beads, Metallic Gold Iris, 11/0
Bright Rhodium Hammered Round Link, Large, 20mm (1 piece)
Bright Rhodium Hammered Oval Link, 13 x 18mm (4 pieces)
Bright Rhodium Hammered Round Link, Small, 13mm (2 pieces)
Bright Rhodium Hammered Round Link, Small, 10mm (2 pieces)
Bright Rhodium Hammered Toggle
Silver Plate Jump Rings, Open, Bag of 10, 5 mm, 20 gauge (2 pieces)
Miyuki Delica, Matte Gunmetal, 11/0
Fireline Fine Crystal, 6 lb. Thread, 50 Yards, .008
English Beading Needles, Size 10, 4-Pack Mini Snip Shear
Chain Nose Pliers