Don't loose your place, but do mark your spot in style! A beaded book mark will add a bit of bling to your book and be functional! Add some glimmering, shimmering beads in four shades to the mermaid in Antique Gold bookmark to give it an ethereal feel!
Karla Schafer, Aunties Beads Designer
- View the Drop Beading Video for a quick how to.
- Cut a 3" piece of the chain.
- Gently open one of the end loops with a pair of chain nose pliers and round nose pliers, adding it to the bookmark finding and close.
- Work the drop beading from the bottom link up, start by adding 1 bead of each of the 4 colors on head pins. Start a loop on each and add them to the bottom link, in no particular order, closing each one with wraps.
- Continue the random mix or develop your own pattern and add 2 bead drops to each side of the link, each with 1 bead. Add the drops to every other link, up to the book mark finding.
- Add 4 more beaded drops to the loop of the bookmark to finish.
Tools and Materials Needed:
Gold Plated Pewter Mermaid Bookmark, 3"- 1pc
Designer Czech Glass 5mm Bead Strand, Lt. Sapphire AB- 10pc
Designer Czech Glass 5mm Bead Strand, Opaque Green- 10pc
Designer Czech Glass 5mm Bead Strand, White Linen- 10pc
Designer Czech Glass 5mm Bead Strand, Teal Travertine- 10pc
Gold Plated 6mm Rolo Chain By The Foot- 3"
Gold Plated 24 Gauge Head Pins, 50pc- 40pc
Round Nose Pliers
Chain Nose Pliers
Stainless Steel Tweezers, 5"