Oh I love shiny pretty things...is it really a lucent madness, perhaps...but this is the bracelet design that has been floating around in my head! I wanted to do something a bit different than just drop beading the crystals off the chain, so I weaved them in and out of the rolo chain links the full length of the bracelet! Call me crazy, but I love this design!
Karla Schafer, Aunties Beads Designer
NOTE: I used about 6" of the 7mm gold plated rolo chain for the finished bracelet, however if you want to work with the full foot of chain before cutting, that will work, just in case you need it longer.
- Cut a 6" piece of Artistic Wire and start a loop, slipping it into the eye of the bar part of toggle, close the loop.
- Slip on a 5mm round bead and start another loop, slipping it into the end link of the rolo chain. Close the loop.
- Cut a 12" piece of beading wire and flat crimp it into the same end link of chain as above.
- String a round crystal onto the wire and then run the wire, skipping the second link, into the third link. What you should see is the two outer links laying flat against the bead and the middle link you skipped, out.
- Keeping the chain straight, string on another crystal running the wire through the third chain link as above, but going in the opposite direction, you will see a zig zag pattern emerge as you continue this until you have reached about 5 1/2" of beaded area for a 7 1/2" bracelet. Which equates to 6" of 7mm rolo chain and (16) 10mm crystal rounds; in the bracelet I used the 6mm antique brass rolo chain, I actually used one extra bead but the same amount of chain.
- Tighten up your work, to ensure you have the zig zag pattern on the chain, and flat crimp the end of the beading wire into the end link of chain.
- Using the remaining piece of Artistic Wire and start a loop, slipping it into the end link of chain, close the loop.
- Slip on a 5mm round bead and start another loop, slipping it into the eye of the loop part of toggle, close the loop to complete the bracelet.
Chinese Crystal 10mm Round Bead Strand, 16" - 16pc
Gold Plated 7mm Rolo Chain By The Foot- 6"
Gold Plated 5mm Round Beads, Bag Of 10- 2pc
Textured Gold Pewter Toggle With 2 Hearts, 18mm- 1pc
Artistic Wire, 20 Gauge, Non-Tarnish Brass Colored Wire, 15 Yards- 6"
Crimp Beads, Gold Filled, Bag of 50, 2 x 2 mm- 2pc
China Blue Impression Jasper Round Bead Strand, 10mm- 17pc
Antique Brass 6mm Round Beads, Bag Of 10- 2pc
Antique Brass 6mm Rolo Chain By The Foot- 6"
Antique Brass Pewter Leaf Toggle, 27mm- 1pc
Antique Copper Plate Crimp Bead, 2 x 2 mm, Bag of 50- 2pc
Artistic Wire, 20 Gauge, Gunmetal Colored Copper Wire, 15 Yards- 6"
Beadalon 49-strand Wire, 30 ft., .018- 20"
Round Nose Pliers
Chain Nose Pliers