Jump Locks Technique Video
The era of the ugly split ring and soldering jump ring is over! Jump locks are easy-to-use jump rings that "lock" into place.
1. Use two smooth or nylon jaw chain nose pliers to grip the sides of the jump lock at the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock positions, with the opening at the top.
2. Holding the left side steady, twist the right side of the ring a quarter-turn away from you. Place your chain, charm, or finding on the jump lock.
3. While holding the left side steady, twist the right side back towards you a quarter-turn past the closed position.
4. Begin to bring the jump lock into the closed position. As you twist back, very gently push the right side in just enough to make sure the edges of the two ends make contact with each other. As you reach the closed position, you will hear a click.
5. Twist the right side back and forth very slightly to align the two ends and finish hardening the metal into the closed position. The ring is now "locked" securely.
Materials and Supplies Used in This Video:
Your Price: $5.99
Your Price: $1.99