Tools and Materials Needed: TierraCast 1/2" by 10" Leather Strap
- To begin, cut your leather so it is about 1 inch longer than the desired finished length of your piece. If you want a 7 inch bracelet, for example, cut your leather so it is about 8 inches.
- Fold your leather over the closed portion of the E hook on one end so you have about a 1/2 inch tail behind the leather band. Use your hole punch tool to punch through the leather and the tail, making sure you are making the hole about 1/4 inch up from the end of the tail.
- Move down to the other end and repeat step 2. This time, make sure your loop is going to be big enough to slip on and off the open portion of the E hook.
- Using a ruler, measure the space between the 2 holes in the main portion of the leather. Mark a spot directly in between those 2 holes. Use your hole punch tool to punch a hole in that central spot.
- Take one end back through the closed portion of the E hook. Add your rivet post, flower rivetable and rivet cap. Use your rivet setter and mallet to set the rivet.
- Add a deco spacer bead and position it so it is about 1 inch from the rivet just added.
- Add a rivet post, rivetable flower and rivet cap to the hole in the center. Set your rivet.
- Add another deco spacer bead positioned 1 inch from the rivet just added then repeat step 5 at the end.
TierraCast Antique Silver Pewter Rivetable Flower, 12mm (3 pieces)
TierraCast Antique Silver Deco Barrel Bead, 6mm x 17mm (2 pieces)
TierraCast Gunmetal Pewter Rivet Set, Set of 10 (3 sets)
TierraCast Bright Silver Pewter E Hook, 18 x 28mm
Hole Punch Tool