This project requires knowledge of punching holes in leather and setting rivets. If you are not familiar with these techniques, please watch the following videos: Hole Punch Tools
and Rivet and Snap Setters
Tools and Materials Needed:
- Cut 3 pieces of leather measuring just over 3 inches long by 1/2 inch wide.
- Use a pair of chain nose pliers to completely close 2 of your Z hook clasps. Lay all of your Z hooks out so they are facing the same direction.
- Fold your leather over one end of a Z hook. You will want your loop to be about 1/2 inch. Turn the piece over so the folded over portion is facing you. Use your punch on the 2mm setting to punch a hole through both pieces of leather.
- Run the post portion of your rivet through the back of the leather. Apply a cap to the top. Push them together. Use your rivet setter and a hammer to set the rivet.
- Take the other end of this piece of leather and fold it over another Z hook. Repeat the process from steps 3 and 4 to apply your rivet.
- Repeat steps 3 through 5 to attach the other 2 pieces of leather to Z hooks. When you get to the last piece of leather, attach it to the Z hook that started the piece.
1.5" x 7.5" Leather Bracelet Blanks, Silver/Bronze (Bronze)
TierraCast Antique Silver Pewter Z Hook Clasp, 19x28mm (3 pieces)
TierraCast Antique Silver Pewter Rivet Set, Bag of 10 (6 pieces)
Mini Punch Set
Rivet Setter Kit
The BeadSmith 1 Pound Brass Head Mallet