- Cut 2, 12 inch pieces of Fireline and place them together in a bead-stopper. Add beading needles to both pieces.
- Begin your right-angle weave. To do so, add two crystals to each piece of thread. Then, thread both pieces through a pearl, each going different directions. Then, add 3 crystals to each piece and go through the pearl again, each going different directions as before.
- Continue the RAW pattern until you have strung 8 pearls. The only variation is between the 3rd and 4th, 4th and 5th and 5th and 6th pearls, only string 2 crystals on the top thread (still string 3 on the bottom thread). This helps to create a slight curve and helps the necklace lay better.
- After you have woven 8 pearls, add two final crystals, remove your needles and place both threads in a bead stopper.
- Cut another 12 inch piece of Fireline and thread it through a needle.
- Bring your thread down through the top two crystals, through the first pearl and through the first, bottom 3 crystals and then out. Pull it until there is a 3-4 inch tail hanging out of the first two crystals, and add it to the bead stopper with the original two threads.
- Now it is time to create the second row. Add three crystals, a pearl and then three more crystals. Then, bring your thread up through the 3 pearl on the first row, bring it through the crystals between the 3rd and 4th pearl, and then down through the fourth pearl and out of the beadwork.
- Repeat step 7, but this time after you make your 3 crystals- 1 pearl- 3 crystals loop, go up through the 5th pearl on the first RAW row, through the top crystals between the 5th and 6th pearl, down through the 6th pearl and out of the beadwork.
- Make another 3 crystals- 1 pearl- 3 crystals loop and then feed your thread through the top row of RAW and out of the beadwork. Add it to the bead stopper with your other threads.
- Now it is time to add pearls between the loops you just made for the second row. Cut a 12 inch piece of Fireline and thread on a needle. Go through the top 2 beginning crystals on the first row of RAW. Then go down through the first pearl. Keep going, through the following 3 crystals and then go through the first three crystals and the pearl of the loop you made in step 7. Add a crystal, a pearl and a crystal.
- Go through the center pearl and then add another crystal, pearl, crystal sequence. String your thread up through the right-most second row pearl, through the corresponding crystals and out of the bead work. Place the thread in the bead stopper with the others.
- Repeat the same process to make the third row. Cut a new piece of thread and follow the directions in step 7 to make two 3 crystals- 1 pearl- 3 crystals loops. Add an additional thread to put a pearl with a crystal on either side of it between the two loops.
- Use the same technique to create the bottom, center loop. Cut a new 12 inch piece of Fireline, string through the beadwork until you are coming out of the crystal just to the left of the center pearl in the 3rd row. Make a 3 crystals- 1 pearl - 3 crystals loop, then bring your thread back up through the beadwork and then out of it to the join the other threads.
- Measure and cut your chain. I used 16 inches total, 8 inches on either side of the woven centerpiece.
- We are going to knot the thread to the chain. Treat all of the threads that come out of the same bead as one. It is helpful to twist them together first. Use an overhand knot to tie them to the chain link. Complete 3 or 4 tight overhand knots and then add a drop of clear-drying adhesive on top for security. When the knot dries, trim the excess thread.
- To add the clasp, use your chain nose pliers to open a jump lock. Place the lobster clasp on the jump lock and place it on the chain. Use your chain nose pliers to close the jump lock and mash the locking mechanism down so that it's secure. If you could use a video demonstration of how to use jump locks, check out our instructional video.
Tools and Materials Needed:
Swarovski Crystal Bicone (5328) 4mm, White Opal AB, 20pc (5 bags)
Swarovski Crystal Pearls, 8mm, Powder Rose (17 beads)
Silver Plate 6mm Jump Lock Rings, 10 pc (one bag)
Silver Plate Lobster Clasp, 12mm (1 clasp)
Silver Plated Flat Oval Chain by the Foot, 6x9mm (2 feet)
Fireline Crystal 8 Lb. Thread, 50 yards (84 inches)
English Beading Needles, Assorted Sizes, 4-pack (1 pack)
Chain Nose Jewelry Pliers
Classic Nipper Tool