Hammered Connections Bracelet
The rough-hewn look of the pewter hammered links yield into three sparkling round Swarovski Crystal. Each hammered link is connected with a series of jump rings and is complete with a hammered toggle.
Karla Schafer, Auntie’s Beads Designer
1. Make 4 sets of linked jump rings in the following formation: add two 5mm jump rings to one 6mm jump ring, so that the 6mm jump ring is in the middle. Set aside.
2. Open a 6mm jump ring and connect the loop part of the toggle to a medium hammered link.
3. Using one of the linked jump ring sets, open a 5mm jump ring and connect to the medium hammered link in step 2.
4. Using the other end of the above jump ring link connect into a oval hammered link.
5. Using another linked jump ring set and connect the oval link to a large hammered link.
6. Repeat Steps 2-5 for the other half of the bracelet, but linking into the bar of the toggle.
7. Cut a piece of beading wire 4” in length and crimp one end into the large round hammered link of one of the linked sections, using the magical crimp forming tool.
8. String a crystal, hammered bead cap; crystal, hammered bead cap and a crystal.
9. Crimp into the other half of the bracelet to complete.
Materials and Tools Needed:
Bright Rhodium Hammered Round Link, Medium, 13mm- 2pc
Bright Rhodium Hammered Oval Link, 13 x 18mm- 2pc
Bright Rhodium Hammered Round Link, Large, 20mm- 2pc
Bright Rhodium Hammered Bead Cap, 6mm- 2pc
Bright Rhodium Hammered Toggle- 1pc
Swarovski Crystal, 12mm Round, Crystal AB- 3pc
Sterling Silver Jump Rings, Open, Bag of 10, 5mm, 18 Gauge- 8pc
Sterling Silver Jump Rings, Open, Bag of 10, 6mm, 18 Gauge- 7pc
Crimp Beads, Bag of 100, 2 x 2 mm - 2pc
Beadalon 49-strand Wire, 30 ft., .018
Bead Smith Magical Crimp Forming Tool For .014"-.015" Wire
Chain Nose Pliers