Grape Expectations Earrings
I love copper, but I always seem to make my copper pieces monochromatic. While wearing a purple shirt and a copper/gold toned bracelet, I had an “aha!” moment and decided amethyst and copper would be gorgeous together. I made the bracelet first and then used extra chain to make a versatile pair of earrings.
Shanna Steele, Auntie’s Beads Designer
1. Cut a piece of chain that has a large round, small round, and oval.
2. On a headpin, pick up a bead cap, bicone, and bead cap. Make sure your bead caps are cupping the bicone.
3. Make a loop. Attach the loop to the oval link on the chain. Wrap the wire and trim the excess.
4. Open the loop on the ear wire. Attach it to the large round link. Close the loop.
5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 to complete the other earring.
Materials and Tools Needed:
Swarovski Crystal, 8mm Bicone, Amethyst (2 pieces)
Antique Copper Plate Leaf Bead Cap (4 pieces)
Bright Copper Simple Oval and Round Chain by the Foot (about 2 inches)
Copper Head Pins, 2", 21 Gauge, Bag of 25 (2 pieces)
Copper French Wires, Bag of 10 (1 pair)
Beadsmith "La Femme" Ergo Pliers, Round Nose
Beadsmith Ergo Pliers, Chain Nose With Cutter