Several years ago, I created one of my favorite bracelets of all time: Cornucopia of Leaves. Since we no longer carry the Czech glass beads used in that project, I thought I would remake it with these beautiful designer Czech glass leaf beads. You can also use dagger beads, horizontally drilled teardrop beads or any other elongated beads to create this look. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Shanna Steele, Aunties Beads Designer
This piece requires knowledge of the no needle right angle weave technique. If you are not familiar with this, please watch the Right Angle Weave Bracelet video.
Tools and Materials Needed:
- Cut a piece of beading wire measuring about 36". String a leaf bead, 4 seed beads, another leaf bead and 3 more seed beads. Position the piece so the 3 seed beads are on the left. Add a seed bead on the right. Cross over with your right thread through the last 2 seed beads added on the left.
Note: I used 8/0 seed beads in the original project. If you want to use 8/0's, you will add just 2 seed beads and cross over through both each time.
- Add a leaf bead and 3 seed beads on the left. Add a leaf bead and 1 seed bead on the right. Cross over with the right through the last 2 seed beads added on the left.
- Repeat step 2 until your piece is about 6 and 1/4 inches long (for a 7 and 1/2" bracelet). You should use 46 leaf beads.
- String 3 seed beads on the left and 3 seed beads on the right. Pull your threads together and string a seed bead and a crimp bead. Run the wires through a loop on one half of the toggle then back down through the crimp bead and seed bead. Use your chain nose pliers to flat crimp. Run the wires through nearby seed beads. Cut excess.
- Take one of your cut pieces of wire and run it through the middle 2 seed beads at the opposite end of the piece. Then repeat step 4 to complete the bracelet.
Designer Czech Glass Leaf Bead Strand, Earthtones, 8x12mm (46 pieces)
8/0 S/L Dk Topaz AB Miyuki Seed Beads
Antique Brass Pewter Flower Toggle with Swirls, 20mm
Crimp Beads, Gold Filled, Bag of 50, 2 x 2 mm (2 pieces)
Beadalon 19-strand Wire, 30ft., .012, Satin Copper (3 feet)
Chain Nose Pliers