- Please watch the video on Even Count Peyote if you are not familiar with the stitch:
- Start with the longest amount of Fireline you are comfortable working with, about 6' is a good start, and thread a needle on one end.
- Add a stop bead to the end, leaving about a 10" tail.
- Following the pattern, work the dark areas in the 6/0 Black and the white areas in the S/l Matte Crystal.
- My first attempt at the pattern and the pattern pictured will work up to be about 7 3/4" in finished length, about 6" in length of the actual beaded length, if you desire it to be shorter, remove a row from each end, longer add a row.
- After you are satisfied with the length of the cuff, subtracting the clasp measurement, tie off the tail ends with a couple of half hitch knots within a few rows of the work. I liked to reinforce the ending rows, since some stress will be on them with the clasp connection.
- Open a 6mm jump ring and run it through the second bead on the first row, then one through the third and fourth.
- Attach the clasp to the first 6mm jump ring with two 4mm jump rings each and so on for the remain two jump rings.
- Repeat the jump ring application for the other end of the bracelet to complete the bracelet.
Tools and Materials Needed:
Silver Plated 3-Strand Black and White Marilyn Monroe Clasp, 36x42mm- 1pc
6/0 Black Miyuki Seed Beads- 12gr/a bit more than on tube
6/0 Matte S/L Crystal Miyuki Seed Beads-18gr/about 1 2/3rd tubes
Antique Silver Open Jump Rings, 4mm, Bag of 10- 12pc
Antique Silver Open Jump Rings, 6mm, Bag of 10- 6pc
Copper Plated 2" Head Pins, Bag Of 25, 22 Gauge- 2pc
Fireline Fine Crystal, 6 lb Thread, 125 Yards, .008
Big Eye Beading Needles, 2.25 Inch, 4 Pack
Round Nose Pliers
Chain Nose Pliers
Designer Beading Scissors