- Cut (5) 4" pieces of 16 or 18 gauge tarnish resistant silver plated Artistic Wire.
- Start at one end and, using your smallest bail making pliers, make one loop.
- Once done place the bail making pliers on the opposite side of the wire from your first loop and make a second loop forming it in the opposing direction like a figure eight.
- Take the remaining wire and make one last loop that fits between the other two, forming your clover.(Tip: when using large gauge wire the wire will work harden as you make your element so go slow and make your hand movements fluid. You may want to practice this element on lesser expensive wire until you feel confident about making it.)
- Cut (5) 3" pieces of the same wire referenced above.
- Take (1) 3" piece and put one bead on it and, using your round nose pliers, make a loop on each end of the wire leaving your loops slightly open. (Tip: To ensure that each loop is the same size either mark or tape the place on your pliers so that you can easily use the same place for each loop you make.)
- Once you have all 5 elements and all 5 beads prepared, start with a clover element first and attach a bead by closing one of the loops into one of the clover ends.
- Repeat until all are used making your pattern clover, bead, clover, bead, clover, bead, etc.
- To complete this project use your 16 or 18 gauge wire and make your clasp, according to the video "How to make a clasp" for instructions.
- Your clasp should fit easily into our first clover element so no additional clasp components will be necessary.
Tools and Materials Needed:
Lampwork Disc Bead, Black With Pale Flowers, 20mm- 5pc
Lampwork Disc, Green with Khaki Dots, 20mm- 5pc
Lampwork Disc, Turquoise/White Swirl with Gold Dots, 19mm- 5pc
Lampwork Disc, Black With Topaz Bumps And Swirls, 20mm- 5pc
Designer Lampwork Coin Bead, White with Black Swirls, 20mm- 5pc
Artistic Wire, 16 Gauge, Silver, 10 Feet
Artistic Wire, 16 Gauge, Copper, 10 Feet
Artistic Wire, 16 Gauge, Gunmetal, 10 Feet
Artistic Wire, 16 Gauge, Gold, 10 Feet
Artistic Wire, 18 Gauge, Non-Tarnish Silver Plate, 20 Feet
Artistic Wire 18 Gauge Stainless Steel Wire, 4 Yards
Artistic Wire Spool, 18 Gauge, Natural Copper, 10 Yards
Artistic Wire 18 Gauge, Gunmetal, 10 Yards
Artistic Wire, 18 Gauge, Gunmetal, 4 Yards
Artistic Wire Spool, 18 Gauge, Non-Tarnish Brass, 10 Yards
Artistic Wire, 18 Gauge, Rose Gold, 4 Yards
Artistic Wire Spool, 18 Gauge, Black, 10 Yards
Artistic Wire Spool, 18 Gauge, Grey, 10 Yards
Beadalon Semi-Flush Cutters
Round Nose Pliers
BeadSmith Bail Making Pliers with 3mm and 5mm Jaws