- Okay so I cheated and had Anthon, our photographer shrink my photo down. He scanned it and worked his magic in Photoshop. But for those who don't have that, you can do it yourself probably in your photo editor or go to one of those photo kiosks and get it done. Just use the cab for your bezel to get the correct size. The one I used he crop the photo to a 1x1".
- Once you have your photo cropped and cut out, trim it to fit the cab.
- Brush some Nunn Design Glue on the cab and place the picture on it photo side against the cab, rubbing out any bubbles as seen through the other side.
- The glue will dry clear and I didn't even wait for it to dry before I added glue to the bezel and then the cab with the picture on it.
- Measure a 4mm beaded chain length about 18 1/2 to 19" making sure you have an even amount of beads, fold in have to see, because we want the pendant to sit in the middle junction of the center beads.
- The second strand I used 20" of the 8mm beaded chain, again making sure I had an even amount of beads.
- The third and final strand I used 21" of the 6mm beaded chain, checking for an even amount of beads.
- The incremental lengths allow the necklace to hang with a nice drape, if you would like a different drape I suggest laying it out on a bead board as I did for this design.
- Add an open jump ring to the pendant.
- Find the center junction of each beaded chain length and slip the pendant into the jump ring and close.
- Attach one end of the each of the beaded chains in this order to an open jump ring; 4mm beaded chain, 8mm beaded chain, 6mm beaded chain and then add the large trigger clasp.
- Attach the free ends of the beaded chains in the same order as above to the closed jump ring, this will act as the loop the trigger clasp will hook into.
Tools and Materials Needed:
Nunn Design Antique Silver Square Bezel Pendant, 25mm- 1pc
Nunn Design 24mm Square Glass Tile/Cabochon- 1pc
4mm Howlite Beaded Chain By The Foot, Silver Plate- 19"
6mm Blue Howlite Beaded Chain By The Foot, Silver Plate- 22"
8mm Red Howlite Beaded Chain By The Foot- 21"
Nunn Design Product Glue, 2 Oz.
Sterling Silver Jump Rings, Closed, 10mm, 16 gauge- 1pc
Sterling Silver Jump Rings, Open, 10 mm, 16 Gauge- 2pc
Antique Silver Pewter Large Fancy Trigger Clasp, 17x30mm
Chain Nose Pliers
Photo or image