When I saw this mix, it was love at first sight. I had an idea for a bracelet in mind and after playing with the beads for a while, I must say, I love the result!
Shanna Steele, Aunties Beads Designer
A note about this design: Your mix will probably not be the same as mine, so you may not be able to follow the instructions or colors exactly, but this gives you a great guideline as to how to string the beads and what fits together nicely. I found beads that allowed me to create a symmetrical design - both in shape and color - and you may not be able to do that. I would advise reading through the instructions first and then laying your beads out in an order similar to the instructions so you know where you might need to make substitutions.
Tools and Materials Needed:
- If you have any bellflower beads (these will be elongated flowers that measure about 10mm), create 2 drops with them first. For each bellflower, pick up a seed bead on a headpin, then add your bellflower bead and then create a simple rosary loop.
- If you have 2 leaf beads, attach them to jump rings. For each leaf bead, open a jump ring, add your leaf bead and a seed bead. Close the jump ring. Repeat.
- Cut a piece of beading wire measuring about 24". String a seed bead in the center of your wire. Take both ends of the wire and run it through a flower bead that measures about 20mm and then through a flower bead that measures about 33mm. Add a seed bead to both wires then pull the wires apart.
Note: This will be the centerpiece of your bracelet, so make sure it is centered on your wire. Attach a bead stopper to one side.
- String 5 seed beads. Add your bellflower wire wrapped drop and then string 4 more seed beads.
- String a 20mm flower bead, a bellflower and a seed bead. Run your wire back down through the bellflower, 20mm flower bead and the seed bead behind the flower bead.
Note: Make sure you pull snugly on the wire as you work to keep your beads in place.
- String 8 more seed beads, another 20mm flower bead, a bellflower and a seed bead. Run your wire back down through the bellflower, 20mm flower bead and the seed bead behind the flower bead.
- String 5 seed beads. Add your leaf bead that is on the jump ring. String 5 more seed beads.
- String a bellflower and a seed bead. Run your wire back down through the bellflower and the seed bead behind it.
- String 4 seed beads. Then string a bellflower and a seed bead. Run your wire back down through the bellflower and the seed bead behind it.
- Repeat step 9 one more time.
- String 8 seed beads, a crimp bead and another seed bead. Run your wire through half of the toggle clasp then back down through the seed bead, crimp bead and seed beads just added. Use your chain nose pliers to flat crimp. Trim the excess wire.
- Repeat steps 4 through 11 on the other side.
- Cut a piece of beading wire measuring about 12-13". String a seed bead, crimp bead and seed bead toward one end. Run the wire through half of the toggle clasp then back down through the beads just strung. Use your chain nose pliers to flat crimp the crimp bead.
- String about 9-10 inches of seed beads. Add a crimp bead and a seed bead. Wind your wire around the strand with the flower beads. You may need to adjust the length a bit depending on how much you want to loop it around the strand and beads.
- Run the wire through the other half of the toggle then back down through the seed bead, crimp bead and a few nearby seed beads. Use your chain nose pliers to flat crimp. Cut excess wire.
Acrylic Fall Leaves And Petals Mix
8/0 Tr Lime Miyuki Seed Bead
Antique Brass 14mm Toggle With Flower
Antique Brass Head Pins with 2mm Ball, 21 Gauge, Bag of 25 (2 pieces)
Antique Brass Jump Rings, Open, 1.6 Gram Bag, 5mm, 20 Gauge (2 pieces)
Gold Plated Recycled Copper Crimp Beads, Bag of 100 (4 pieces)
Beadalon 19-strand Wire, 30 ft., .015, Metallic Satin Gold (about 36 inches)
Chain Nose Pliers