This project uses hole punching and a riveting technique, if you are not familiar with these techniques, please watch the following videos: Hole Punch Tools Video Rivet and Snap Setter Kits Video
- Cut a piece of leather 1 1/4" by 1 1/2" from the silver blank.
- Punch a hole on the center edge of the shorter side, about 1/4" down with the Revolving Punch or the Mini Punch Set, size large enough for an eyelet in AB to fit.
- Set the eyelet into the leather tab and trim the corner edges to match the photo.
- Lay the filigree onto the leather tab and mark the center hole so that you may punch a hole for the rivet.
- Punch the hole for the filigree finding as above.
- The center hole of the filigree finding may need to be enlarged to get the rivet to fit, so use a bead reamer or pliers.
- Place the post of the compression rivet through the back of the leather, through the filigree, then apply the top and press until engaged. Set the rivet by hammering on the bench block.
- Add an 8mm jump ring to the eyelet using two pairs of pliers and run the rolo chain through it.
- Add the loop of the toggle to one end of the chain with a jump ring and the bar to the other end to complete the necklace.
Tools and Materials Needed:
1.5" x 7.5" Leather Bracelet Blanks, Silver/Bronze
Antique Copper Square/Diamond Filigree- 1pc
TierraCast Bright Silver Pewter Rivet Set, Bag of 10- 1set
Antique Copper Jump Rings, Open, 8mm, 18 Gauge, 10pc- 1pc
Antique Copper Jump Rings, Open, 10pc, 5mm, 20 Gauge- 2pc
Antique Copper Pewter 12mm Roped Toggle
Antique Copper 3mm Rolo Chain By The Foot- 19"
Eyelet Setter Kit
BeadSmith Bench Block With Wood Base, 4x4"- 1pc
The BeadSmith 1 Pound Brass Head Mallet- 1pc
Mini Punch Set
Revolving Punch Plier
Chain Nose Pliers- 2prs