A contrast in finishes is really what the necklace brings to the table. The luminous quality of the porcelain beads against the dull antique finish of the brass beads and findings. Though together they are harmonious!
Karla Schafer, Aunties Beads Designer
- If desired, layout your pattern on a bead board before stringing.
- The pattern is as follows: starting from the center and working your way out to the either the left or the right, ab filigree coin, ab 6mm round, porcelain bead, ab 6mm round, ab bead cap, porcelain bead, ab bead cap, ab 6mm round, porcelain bead, ab filigree, porcelain bead, ab 6mm round, ab bead cap, porcelain bead, ab bead cap, ab 6mm round, (3) porcelain beads, 6mm ab round, (3) porcelain beads, 6mm ab round, porcelain bead, ab bead cap, (2) 6mm ab rounds.
- Mirror the above pattern for the other side after the center filigree coin.
- Cut a piece of beading wire 22" in length and crimp one end into half of the toggle clasp.
- String the beads from the bead board onto the wire and crimp the end into the last half of the toggle clasp to complete the piece.
Tools and Materials Needed:
Designer Ceramic 13mm Round Bead Strand, Satin Red
Designer Ceramic 13mm Round Bead Strand, Lime
Ceramic 13mm Round Bead Strand, Green/Tan Confetti
Designer Ceramic Glass 13mm Round Bead Strand, Satin Rose
Ceramic 13mm Round Bead Strand, Melon With Flowers
Designer Ceramic 14mm Bead Strand, Moody Blues
Antique Brass Pewter Puffed Filigree Coin Bead, 17mm- 3pc
Antique Brass 6mm Round Beads, Bag Of 25, Recycled Copper- 20pc
Antique Brass 12mm Bead Cap With Swirls, Bag of 10
Antique Brass Pewter 27mm Dimpled Toggle
Antique Brass Plated Recycled Copper Crimp Beads, Bag of 100- 2pc
Beadalon 49-strand Wire, 30 ft., .018- 22"
Chain Nose Pliers- 2prs