Decorative Art Earrings
These earrings have an art deco feel, with the geometric filigree in gunmetal and a tonal pearl in black that dangles beneath. The addition of the chain adds a romantic vintage appeal as well.
Karla Schafer, Auntie’s Beads Designer
1. Cut two pieces of chain, 6 long links in length.
2. Open a jump ring, and slip an end of one of the lengths of chain onto it and onto the lower corner of the filigree finding.
3. Attach the other end of the chain to the other lower end corner with another jump ring, as above.
4. Drop a pearl on a head pin from the center loop of the filigree.
5. Open the earring finding and place the top loop of the filigree on it and close.
6. Repeat Steps 2-5 to complete the pair.
Materials and Tools Needed:
Gunmetal Art Nouveau Style Filigree Link, 16 x 33mm- 2pc
Glass Pearl Strand, 6mm, Jet -1
Gunmetal Long and Short Chain By The Foot- 3 ¼”
Gunmetal Plate Jump Rings, Open, Bag of 10, 5mm, 20 Gauge- 4pc
Gunmetal Plate Head Pins, 2", 21 Gauge, Bag of 10- 2pc
Niobium French Wire Pair with 2mm Sterling Bead- 1pr
Gunmetal French Wires, Bag of 10- 1pr
Round Nose Pliers
Chain Nose Pliers