Using wreath charms is a great way to make a simple pair of earrings, but I wanted an added twist, so I dangled Swarovski crystals inside the charms for a hint of sparkle, shine and color. I used Light Siam crystals, but you can complete this design with any color 6mm round Swarovski bead you desire.
Shanna Steele, Aunties Beads Designer
Tools and Materials Needed:
- On a headpin, pick up your 6mm crystal round bead. Make a simple (rosary) loop. Trim the excess wire.
- Open a jump ring. Attach it to the loop just made. Close the jump ring.
- Open a jump ring. Attach it to the jump ring added in step 2. Close the jump ring.
- Open a jump ring. Attach it to the jump ring added in step 3. Then attach it to the loop at the top of the wreath charm. Close the jump ring.
- Repeat step 4.
- Open a jump ring. Attach it to the 2 jump rings added in steps 4 and 5. (These will be the jump rings attached to the loop on the charm.) Close the jump ring.
- Repeat step 6.
- Open the loop on an ear wire. Attach it to the 2 jump rings added in steps 5 and 6. Close the loop. Make sure the ear wire is positioned so the crystal is falling behind the charm.
- Repeat steps 1 through 8 to complete the pair.
Antique Brass Pewter Christmas Wreath Charm, 19mm (2 pieces)
Swarovski Crystal Round (5000) 6mm, Light Siam (2 pieces)
Antique Brass Head Pins with 2mm Ball, 21 Gauge, Bag of 25 (2 pieces)
Antique Brass Jump Rings, Open, Bag of 10, 5mm, 20 Gauge (12 pieces)
Antique Brass French Wires With 3mm Bead, Pair
Round Nose Pliers
Chain Nose Pliers