Cool Waters Project
An illusion of waves lapping about your neck is created with the use of supple max and soft blue and purple shades of beads! I wanted the piece to have movement as water does, so with some suspension of branches of supple max weighted with the beads you get a just that cool effect.
Karla Schafer, Aunties Beads Designer
Tools and Materials Needed:
- Cut a 20" piece and (11) 3" pieces of supplemax.
- On the 20" piece of supple max, center a crimp tube and slip one of the 3" pieces through the crimp centering it and flat crimp. You will have something that resembles a "branch".
- Working one side at a time, add more "branches" in the same manner, about 1/2" apart, (5) on each side of the center branch.
- Working with the first "branch" add a seed bead, bicone, seed bead, crimp, flat crimping about 1/4" from the end.
- On the other side of this "branch" add a aqua faceted round, seed bead, crimp, flat crimping about 1/4" from the end.
- On the other side of this "branch" add a blue rondelle, seed bead crimp, flat crimping about 1/4" from the end.
- Continue working the branches in an alternating pattern of the rounds, rondelles, seed beads and bicones as above until you reach the last branch.
- Measure 6 1/2" from the first crimp added to the end of the supplemax and trim accordingly.
- String a crimp bead and flat crimp it to the end of the supplemax and cover the crimp with the clam shell and close.
- Repeat above steps for the other side of the necklace.
- Add the trigger clasp to one end and the necklace extender the other to complete the piece.
Designer Czech Glass 6mm Faceted Nugget Bead Strand, Aqua
Designer Czech Glass 9mm Rondelle Strand, Sapphire Swirl
Swarovski Crystal, 4mm Bicone, Bag of 48, Purple Mix
8/0 Orchid Lined Crystal Miyuki Seed Bead
Sterling Silver Clam Shell Tips, Bag of 10- 2pc
Supplemax, .012 in, 50M WHITE- 53"
Silver Filled 3" Extender Chain With 6mm Heart
Silver Filled Crimp Beads, Bag of 50, 2 x 2mm- 35pc
Silver Filled Trigger Clasp, 11mm- 1pc
Chain Nose Pliers