1. Cut the simple loop chain into the following pieces: (16) two loop links.
2. Using the color pattern directly from the strand, drop a brown pearl on an eye pin, make a rosary loop connecting it to one two loop link, then the green pearl and so on, ending with a gold pearl with a rosary loop on the end. For more information about rosary link techniques, please watch the Karla Kam “Y” Necklace Video.
3. Repeat for three more 5 pearl groupings, for a total of (4) 5 pearl linked strands. 4. Cut the curb chain into (8) 3 link curb chain pieces.
5. Drop 4 pearls, one of each of the colors, without repeating the gold pearl, each on to an eye pin, making rosary loops on the ends.
6. Connect the 5 pearl linked strands with a 3 link chain piece, pearl unit, 3 link chain piece. Careful not to put matching pearls in between.
7. This completes the long necklace, without a clasp.
8. Utilizing only the hook of the hook and eye clasp, gently open the small loop just enough to offer resistance to slipping it on and off of one of the simple loops of the chain.
9. This allows the necklace to be doubled by folding it in half at the neck and hooking it, when worn long, remove the hook.Materials and Tools Needed:
Glass Pearl Strand, Earthtone Mix, 12mm - 1 Strand (24pc)
Antique Brass Plated 2 inch Eye Pins, 21 Gauge, Bag of 10- 24pc
Antique Brass Ring Chain by the Foot, 14mm- 2ft
Antique Brass Curb Chain by the Foot, 4.2mm-5”
Antique Brass Plated Hook and Eye Clasp, 8 x 17mm
Wire Looping Pliers
Round Nose Pliers
Memory Wire Shears