Classic Copperific Earrings
Anyone who knows me or my design work knows there are two things I just love: one is copper and the other is a great pair of simple, classic earrings that can be worn with just about anything. These earrings are definitely a new favorite of mine!
Shanna Steele, Auntie’s Beads Designer
1. Cut your chain into a piece that contains one small round link and a larger round link.
2. On a headpin, pick up a bead cap, a rondelle, and another bead cap. Make a loop. Attach the loop to the larger round link. Wrap the wire and trim the excess.
3. On a headpin, pick up a 4mm bicone. Make a loop. Attach the loop to the smaller round link. Wrap the wire and trim the excess.
4. Open a jump ring. Attach it to the smaller round link of chain. Then attach the jump ring to the ear wire. Close the jump ring.
5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 to create the other earring.
Materials and Tools Needed:
Swarovski Crystal, 12mm Faceted Round Rondelle, Crystal Copper (2 pieces)
Copper Bali Dotted Petal Bead Cap, 13mm (4 pieces)
Swarovski Crystal, 4mm Bicone, Bag of 10, Crystal Copper (2 pieces)
Copper Head Pins, 2", 21 Gauge, Bag of 25 (4 pieces)
Bright Copper Simple Loop Chain by the Foot, 15-16mm (about 2 inches)
Copper Medium Oval Jump Rings, Open, Bag of 10, 6 mm, 16 gauge (2 pieces)
Antique Copper Jump Rings, Open, Bag of 10, 5mm, 20 Gauge (2 pieces)
Niobium French Wire Pair with 2mm Bright Copper Bead (1 pair)
Beadsmith "La Femme" Ergo Pliers, Round Nose
Beadsmith Ergo Pliers, Chain Nose With Cutter