Chained Melody Earrings
I have a pair of earrings similar to these given to me by my mother-in-law. She had them for years and never wore them and now they are in my collection of favorites. A mix of crystals and copper beads blends melodically to create a beautiful pair of earrings!
Shanna Steele, Auntie’s Beads Designer
NOTE: These earrings use a Swarovski crystal mix. You can either dangle your crystals randomly or create a pattern as you work. 1. Cut your chain so you have 2 pieces that contain a round and an oval link.
2. On a headpin, pick up a helix bead and a copper round. Make a simple (or rosary) loop. Attach it to the round link.
3. On a headpin, pick up a 4mm bicone. Make a simple loop. Attach it to the right of the last drop added.
4. Repeat step 3 one more time.
5. On a headpin, pick up a copper round and a 4mm bicone. Make a simple loop. Attach it to the right of the last drop added.
6. Repeat step 3 two more times.
7. Repeat steps 3 through 6 on the other side of the helix bead dangle.
8. Using your chain nose pliers, open the loop on an ear wire. Attach it to the oval link. Close the loop.
9. Repeat steps 2 through 8 to complete the other earring.
Materials and Tools Needed:
Swarovski Crystal Helix Bead, 8mm, Purple Velvet (2 pieces)
Swarovski Crystal, 4mm Bicone, Bag of 48, Luxurious Mix (20 pieces)
Bright Copper Round Beads, 4 mm, Bag of 25 (6 pieces)
Bright Copper Simple Oval and Round Chain by the Foot (about 2 inches)
Copper Head Pins, 2", 21 Gauge, Bag of 25 (22 pieces)
Niobium French Wire Pair with 2mm Bright Copper Bead (1 pair)
Round Nose Pliers
Chain Nose Pliers