Tools and Materials Needed:
- If you need help, this video demonstrates how to add crimp ends to leather. Your finished project will be about 18 inches in length.
- Cut six, 8 inch pieces of leather.
- Holding three pieces of leather together, fold the last inch and a half over to make a loop at the end. Cut a piece of 26 gauge wire that is about 3 inches in length. Wrap this piece of wire tightly around the leather to hold the loop in place. Trim the ends of the leather near the wrap. Add a crimp end to the other side. Repeat this step with the other piece of leather.
- Use your pliers to open one side of the S clasp. Place it in one of the leather loops and close it.
- Place your teardrop pendant on a headpin. Above it, use either round nose or wire looping pliers to make a small loop and wrap the wire around itself a few times. Trim the excess wire.
- Cut a 7 inch piece of beading wire. Crimp one end of it to one of the crimp ends attached to leather. String on your beads in the following order: 6mm jasper bead, 4mm crystal, 8mm jasper bead, 4mm crystal, 10mm jasper bead, 4mm crystal, 12mm jasper bead, 4mm round, jet rondelle, 4mm crystal. Then, string on your teardrop pendant and complete the pattern on the other side. Crimp the other end of your beading wire to the other crimp end.
Black Onyx Faceted Teardrop Bead, 10 x 30mm - 1 piece
Swarovski Crystal Round (5000) 4mm, Golden Shadow, 10pc -10 pieces or 1 bag
1mm Round Leather Cord, Black - 4 feet or one 2 yard coil
Graduated Round Paint Brush Jasper Bead Strand- 8 beads or 1 strand
TierraCast Antique Silver Pewter Classic S Hook, 13x23mm - 1 piece
Swarovski Crystal, 8mm Faceted Round Rondelle, Jet- 2 pieces
Sterling Silver Crimp End Cap, 3 mm- 2 pieces
Artistic Wire, 24 Gauge, Non-Tarnish Silver Plate, 15 Yards
Silver Filled Crimp Beads, 2 x 2mm, 50pc- one 7 inch piece
Chain Nose Pliers
Beadalon Flush Cutter with Soft Ergonomic Handles
Round Nose Pliers