This project uses hole punching and a riveting technique, if you are not familiar with these techniques, please watch the following videos: Hole Punch Tools Video Rivet and Snap Setter Kits Video
- Cut a (2) pieces of leather 1/2" by 3 1/4" from the bronze leather blank.
- Punch a hole in the center 1/8" from the edge on both short ends. Punch another hole 1" from the edge on both ends using the Revolving Punch or the Mini Punch Set, size large enough for rivets to fit snug in.
- Cut the chain into (2) pieces a 7 3/4" or (11) round links the other 18" or (25) round links.
- Run the leather tab into one of the round link ends and line up the punch holes and insert the post of the rivet from the wrong side and then apply the top and press to engage. Repeat until you have all the chain pieces connected, making sure that the tabs are facing the correct way when the chain is straightened out.
- Set the rivets by hammering on the bench block or in conjunction with the tool from the Rivet Set Kit, careful not to hit the chain links, as this may cause the leather to cut.
Tools and Materials Needed:
1.5" x 7.5" Leather Bracelet Blanks, Silver/Bronze
TierraCast Antique Copper Pewter Rivet Set, Bag of 10- 4set
Silver Plated Hammered Ring Link Chain By The Foot, 17mm-26"
Rivet Setter Kit (Tool)
BeadSmith Bench Block With Wood Base, 4x4"- 1pc
The BeadSmith 1 Pound Brass Head Mallet- 1pc
Mini Punch Set
Revolving Punch Plier
Chain Nose Pliers