This project uses a brick stitch technique, please watch the following video: Brick Stitch Stitch Video
- As in the earring video, you should make the owl in two parts and then join them together. I started my first half at the longest point of the pattern, which is the tenth row from the bottom.
- Work the brick stitch according to the pattern for the first half then the second.
- Carefully line up the halves together and join them.
- If you still have enough working thread to work with, run it up to the top middle of the owl where the cross at the crest of the head in purple is formed, this is where we will add the beaded bail.
- Pass the needle and thread through the top middle purple seed bead and thread on about 10 purple seed beads and then run the thread back down the middle bead you came out of, making a few passes through the work and loop to re-enforce the loop.
- Work the thread back into the piece, securing the thread with a couple of half hitch knots to complete the piece!
- The little owl can be worn as a pendant, a zipper pull or a keychain!
Tools and Materials Needed:
DB0860 - Miyuki 11/0 Matte Transparent Chartreuse AB Delicas, 5 grams
8/0 Matte Black Miyuki Seed Beads- 14pc
8/0 Dyed Op Bright Purple Miyuki Seed Beads- 41pc
8/0 Matte Tr Chartreuse Miyuki Seed Beads- 51pc
8/0 Matte Crystal Miyuki Seed Beads- 100pc
8/0 Matte Tr Aqua AB Miyuki Seed Beads- 109pc
Fireline Fine Crystal, 6 lb. Thread, 50 Yards, .008
English Beading Needles, Assorted Sizes, 4-Pack