I love brilliant colors in our Chinese crystal faceted round beads. The obvious choice to go with this metallic blue color would have been copper, but I wanted to mix it up a bit, so I paired it with antique brass beads and findings instead. The antique brass makes the blue that much more vibrant. I love it!
Shanna Steele, Aunties Beads Designer
If you have never worked with beading chain before, please watch the Beading Chain Necklace Video.
Tools and Materials Needed:
- Cut a piece of beading chain measuring about 17". Put a crimp end toward one end. Use your chain nose pliers to secure the crimp end.
- String a crimp bead. Then string the following pattern 7 times: brass bead, bead cap, crystal round bead, bead cap. String a brass bead and a crimp bead.
- Put your other crimp end at the other end of your beading chain. Secure the crimp end.
- Make sure your beads are centered on the necklace. You may want to use a bead stopper on one side once you have determined that your beads are centered. Crimp each crimp bead. Apply crimp covers.
- Open a jump ring. Attach it to one of the crimp ends and then to the clasp. Close the jump ring.
- Cut a 3" piece of chain. Open a jump ring. Attach it to the other crimp end and then to one end of the piece of chain. Close the jump ring.
Chinese Crystal 12mm Round Long Bead Strand, Metallic Blue (7 pieces)
Antique Brass 9mm Petal Bead Caps, Bag Of 10 (14 pieces)
Antique Brass 5mm Bead Strand (8 pieces)
Antique Brass Beading Chain By The Foot, .07mm (about 17 inches)
Antique Brass Crimp End For Beading Chain (2 pieces)
Antique Brass 12mm Lobster Clasp, Bag Of 5 (1 piece)
Antique Brass Jump Rings, Open, Bag of 10, 5mm, 20 Gauge (2 pieces)
Antique Brass 4mm Curb Chain By The Foot (about 3 inches)
Antique Brass Crimp Bead Cover, 3mm, Bag of 20 (2 pieces)
Antique Brass Plated Recycled Copper Crimp Beads, Bag of 100 (2 pieces)
Chain Nose Pliers (2 pair)