Bohemian Butterfly Bracelet
There is something very artsy and carefree about this bracelet that just sang bohemian style to me. The beautiful Copper Butterfly beads with swags of handmade Czech Glass beaded chain connecting each one to the other and ending into a butterfly themed toggle is so chic. The real beauty is this bracelet could be made with any beaded chain color combination or just plain chain! That’s the true spirit of the piece!
Karla Schafer, Auntie’s Beads Designer
Materials and Tools Needed:
12225 Czech Glass Beaded Chain By The Foot, Rose Alabaster, 4/6mm- 9 ½”
11966 Antique Copper Pewter 30mm Butterfly Pendant Bead Strand- 3pc of strand
94-6097-18 Antique copper plated butterfly toggle, 15mm- 1set
find-37-722-7 Antique copper plated eye pins, 2", 21 gauge, bag of 10- 3pc
find-37-145-8 Copper jump rings, open, bag of 10, 5mm, 20 gauge- 2pc
Round Nose Pliers
Chain Nose Pliers
The following measurements make a about a 7 ½” bracelet, maybe a tad larger, adjustments can be made with in the beaded chain ratio. Using the chain nose and round nose pliers open and close the bead chain accordingly. Do Not Cut!
- Keep each group together by step. Place in order on your work surface as you remove the groupings.
- This measurement will be for the bar end of the bracelet. Measure about a 1 ½” or 4 small Czech bead link groupings (I created the 4 links to make the bar go in easier, just separate and add extra small link) and carefully remove from strand also removing a 1” grouping consisting of 1 large and 2 small Czech bead links.
- The next measurement will be above before Step 2; measure about 1” or 3 small Czech bead link groupings and a 1 ½” grouping consisting of a 1 large and 3 small Czech bead links.
- The next measurement will be above Step 3; measure about 1” or 2 small and 1 large Czech bead links and a 1 ½” grouping consisting of a 1 large and 3 small Czech bead links.
- This is the last chain measurement intended end of bracelet with the loop. Measure a ¾” or 1 large and 1 small Czech bead links and a 1” grouping consisting of 3 small Czech bead links.
- For easy reference place the butterfly beads, going in the same direction, between the sections of chain you have laid out on your work surface.
- Open jump ring with the round nose pliers and the chain nose pliers slipping the toggle; one end of the 1” section of chain; the ¾” section of chain and close.
- Open an eye pin and slip the other ends of the above chain onto it and close.
- String a butterfly bead on the eye pin, using the round nose pliers; bend the eye pin over at a right angle flush with the bead.
- Using the nipper tool cut the eye pin to just over ¾” and make a rosary loop with the round nose pliers.
- Using the newly created loop slip the next pieces of chain onto to it and repeat above process until all three butterfly beads and chain sections are completed.
- Add the last chain ends onto a jump ring and attach to the bar of the toggle to complete the piece.