Bitty Bead Earrings Project
These delicate RAW beads hang below hot pink sparkle pink chain. The beads can be made in larger sizes, however the smaller beads look perfectly in scale to the drawn chain.
Karla Schafer, Aunties Beads Designer
View Beading with Right Angle Weave Video for a quick how to. Tools and Materials Needed:
(CO-cross over- means to run the thread through the bead going in the opposite direction)
- Cut 2ft of supple max and string 3 bicones and let them fall to the center.
- String one bicone on your left thread and CO with the right thread.
- Drop a bicone on each thread, then one on the left and CO.
- Continue until you have threaded 9 bicones.
- String a bicone on each thread CO into the middle bead at the bottom, thus forming the beaded bead.
- Run your threads through the sides of the work to reinforce the bead and back to where the threads can be knotted together.
- Run the threads back through the work before trimming with the nipper tool.
- Drop some GS Hypo Cement on the knot.
- Cut a piece of chain 1" in length and slip one end of it onto an earring finding.
- On a head pin, drop a bicone, a RAW bead, bicone, create a rosary loop, view how to make a rosary loop video for a quick how to.
- Add the drop to the bottom of the chain.
- Repeat the above steps to complete the pair.
Swarovski Crystal Xilion Bicone (5328) 4mm, Tanzanite- 28pc
Sparkle Drawn Cable Chain By The Foot, Hot Pink, 2x3mm- 2"
Silver Plated Earwires With 2mm Ball, Bag Of 10- 1pr
Silver Plate Head Pins, 2 Inch, 22 Gauge, Bag of 25- 2pc
Supplemax, .012 in, 50M WHITE- 2ft
G-S Hypo Cement
Chain Nose Pliers
Round Nose Pliers
Wire Looping Pliers