If there are 2 things I love right now, it is creating glass tile pendants and working with hand wrapped beaded chain. I decided to combine my 2 favorite things into one unique project that is truly a wearable work of art!
Shanna Steele, Aunties Beads Designer
In order to create the pendant, you will need to know how to work with 3D Crystal Lacquer. If you are not familiar with this technique, please watch the Glass Tile Pendant video.
Tools and Materials Needed:
- Cut your image (I used the one with the blue background and yellow flowers).
- Us the 3D Crystal Lacquer to adhere the image to the glass tile.
- Apply the 3D Crystal Lacquer to the back of the pendant and use it to adhere the glue-on bail to the pendant. Make sure the bail is centered and then lay the pendant face down and allow it to dry.
- Cut your chain so you have 2 even segments measuring about 12” each in length.
- Open a jump ring. Attach it to the bail. Close the jump ring.
- Open a jump ring. Attach it to the jump ring just added. Close the jump ring. Attach another jump ring. Close the jump ring.
- Open another jump ring. Attach it to one end of the chain segment. Attach it to the 2 jump rings added in the last step. Attach another segment of chain. Close the jump ring.
- Open a jump ring. Attach it to one end of the necklace. Close the jump ring.
- Open another jump ring. Attach it to the other end of the necklace. Add your clasp. Close the jump ring.
Collage Sheet, Art Nouveau, 35mm Square
Medium 35mm Glass Square Tile
Gold Plated Glue-on Bail, Small
3D Crystal Lacquer, 2 Oz Bottle
Hand Wrapped Beaded Chain By The Foot, Toffee (2 feet)
Antique Brass Jump Rings, Open, 1.6 Gram Bag, 5mm, 20 Gauge (6 pieces)
Gunmetal 12mm Lobster Clasp
Beadsmith Ergo Pliers, Chain Nose With Cutter (2 pair)